Silver-Bolt

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5
Shipping hard tops to the dealers would likely cost more than the tops. I don't see it happening.

Advertisement

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Even if it wasn't an option to get the hook-ups ( I don't understand why not), give me the option to go soft top on a 2 door, and I'd do that. I'll buy some other top down the line.

flip

First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

We will be getting tops at some point for service replacements. Wrecks, vandalism, accidents or upgrade from soft tops. Ford sends us body panels, glass, bedsides that are large on normal truck line daily orders now so tops shouldn't be a problem. My assumption is they would be direct ship to dealers from the supplier instead of cross docking at the depots. When they become available we will try to stock several since we do a bunch of wholesale parts business.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have seen the pickup topper delivery trailers, that would be a simple method to deliver hardtops. I could not find a photo of one of the trailers but they essentially look like a storage rack built on top of a trailer.

official-leer-dealer.jpg

Silver-Bolt

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5
Not even close....not even in the same ballpark.
Think of the crate size needed to protect the top. Now think how many of those crates will fit in a 53' trailer. Maybe 12-15 tops per trailer? The freight may not be as much as the top cost but it is going to be very expensive.

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Think of the crate size needed to protect the top. Now think how many of those crates will fit in a 53' trailer. Maybe 12-15 tops per trailer? The freight may not be as much as the top cost but it is going to be very expensive.
Then how do they sell pick up toppers? They don’t make them on site...and they are bigger and heavier. Freight just doesn’t cost that much....even one offs, much less en masse. I have a massive sectional on the way from NC for $700. It is probably the weight of 8 tops, the size of 4. Anecdotal, I know....but there is no way it costs more than $3-$400 to ship these to a dealer. That’s well less than the approx $2k cost of the top.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota 4Runner
Clubs

For those of you that have seen the pickup topper delivery trailers, that would be a simple method to deliver hardtops. I could not find a photo of one of the trailers but they essentially look like a storage rack built on top of a trailer.

official-leer-dealer.jpg
I know what you're talking about. When I order a topper, it comes on one of those trailers and they only charge me like $12 freight. It's nuts.
1622816219660.png

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Clubs

Actually when you think about it, since the panels over the seats are separate they can ship in one box and the rear clamshell in another. Then both boxes can ship like any regular freight, not that big or heavy.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

RIDICULOUS!

hradtops

d) Entitled folks will piss & moan until their Broncos arrive
Hradtops :LOL:
If you are going to post a teacher sounding scolding, at least check for typos first.

If you don't like this forum, why are you posting here? All I see you doing is criticizing people who have been waiting almost a year for a vehicle they have yet to see produced. Ford is forcing me to wait ANOTHER year on top of that due to tops. You think being in this situation and being frustrated and unsatisfied is entitlement?

I really wish I was entitled because I would have my black mod top Wildtrak this summer as originally expected.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It snows and we have road salt up north. Maybe in the south it not a hardship but I'll wait.
I have frost and fog in Florida. I drive an F150 and I use my defroster on the back window all the time. If you get up early for work everyday, it is foggy almost every, single morning where I live. Need foglights and defrost!

Advertisement

fifteen52

Advertisement