Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update - June 5, 2021

Ok so it now no longer shows there on the ordering side. Also there was briefly a 2 door Top Credit option showing that has also vanished. Again sheer speculation here as far as what it all means, but possibly a 2 door soft top option as all of the dealer training rep ones are running around with bestop fast back looking 2 door soft tops. I did some back checking as well and this credit was in no relation to originally having a MOD top. All I know is Ford is going to do something and likely sooner rather than later to get this thing moving and that is the best news any of us can ask for.

Original post - June 3, 2021

So tooling around today I came across this in WBDO on a 2021 Bronco Order. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to select it or see pricing on it yet. I can only presume that this would be an option offered for those of us who really are after the hard top but also want our Bronco sooner rather than later. The hold up for many folks has been the lack of wiring and/or rear wiper and washer function if you added a hard top later. Maybe Ford is getting smart here and giving us an option to do this package so we can add a hard top easily later. Maybe they will charge the same as what was originally the dual tops and ship the top to the dealer at some unforsaken later date? I personally would be happy to pay that premium if that was the case. Or even just give you the option to pay a couple hundred bucks to have that option on your soft top again I would move my order right now to do so. I was actually looking at my own build considering a soft top anyway even though it would not work for me in the long run.

Again I do not know what this new package means, costs or availability. But I am hopefuly for some good news, maybe this can be it for some of us??

Your Thoughts??

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) prep kit.JPG
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seriously, this is the second time this week I'm having to use this gif:

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) Lm93KRM

I would do this in a second tho, I'd even pay for it up front as part of the purchase, just ship that shit to my house when it can get there, even if it's a year out

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I personally would be happy to pay that premium if that was the case. Or even just give you the option to pay a couple hundred bucks to have that option on your soft top again I would move my order right now to do so.
same, I'd immediately call my dealer, as long as it's nice outside I'd much rather have the soft top anyways. But I won't buy the Bronco w/o that tubing and wiring. Not if they promised me delivery tomorrow. Or right now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would be a smart move but something tells me the hard top shipping will be the real gotcha when the dust settles.
This. I have never used a rear wiper blade in my life. Only even had one car with one. Never had one with a rear squirter.

Honestly though, from a manufacturing standpoint, it's just dumb not to have a universal wiring harness. Even if it costs slightly more, you almost always save more than the difference in inventory management.

Freight charges on shipping the Hard Top would be the real sticking point.

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just called my dealer to have them confirm what the prep kit is. I'm sure it's exactly what we're all hoping it is, and I told him to switch me to that if he can confirm it. Here in Utah, I'll definitely want a hard top for winter, but can wait on that if the soft top gets me the Bronco sooner.

Edit: dealer said their contact at ford said it's not wiring or washer lines, but wouldn't say what it is. 🤔

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, nice find. I don’t know what else it could be...I just hope they add it soon.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, shit. Guess my sales manager is getting a call in the AM.

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, nice find. I don’t know what else it could be...I just hope they add it soon.
I don't know either but I'm hopeful and from a logical standpoint, it would make sense and remove some of the initial constraint. You know as well as I do if it has made it to WBDO that it is much closer to reality than just some wishful thinking. 🤷

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For everyone in the log jam, I really hope that this is the hard top connections. It should have just been an option from the get go. I'd pay a reasonable amount extra for "hard top ready" package.

My inner pessimist says this makes too much sense and is a pipe dream.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
*This is just my opinion, I do not know this for a fact*

From a logistics standpoint I don’t think Ford can do this. Having to freight ship thousands of hard tops all around the country would be an absolute cluster you know what. Obviously some people will do it regardless and get their dealer to order one, but my guess is Ford doesn’t want to actively encourage it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*This is just my opinion, I do not know this for a fact*

From a logistics standpoint I don’t think Ford can do this. Having to freight ship thousands of hard tops all around the country would be an absolute cluster you know what. Obviously some people will do it regardless and get their dealer to order one, but my guess is Ford doesn’t want to actively encourage it.
I don’t see the big deal in plumbing them so people have the option to order one later. Once they catch up, their parts distribution network would have no problem handling it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So tooling around today I came across this in WBDO on a 2021 Bronco Order. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to select it or see pricing on it yet. I can only presume that this would be an option offered for those of us who really are after the hard top but also want our Bronco sooner rather than later. The hold up for many folks has been the lack of wiring and/or rear wiper and washer function if you added a hard top later. Maybe Ford is getting smart here and giving us an option to do this package so we can add a hard top easily later. Maybe they will charge the same as what was originally the dual tops and ship the top to the dealer at some unforsaken later date? I personally would be happy to pay that premium if that was the case. Or even just give you the option to pay a couple hundred bucks to have that option on your soft top again I would move my order right now to do so. I was actually looking at my own build considering a soft top anyway even though it would not work for me in the long run.

Again I do not know what this new package means, costs or availability. But I am hopefuly for some good news, maybe this can be it for some of us??

Your Thoughts??

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) Lm93KRM
Can any of our dealers on here push their Ford rep for what this “Soft top with Prep Kit” is? @Bronco wannabe @DealerInsider @flip ?