Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shipping hard tops to the dealers would likely cost more than the tops. I don't see it happening.
Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Even if it wasn't an option to get the hook-ups ( I don't understand why not), give me the option to go soft top on a 2 door, and I'd do that. I'll buy some other top down the line.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be getting tops at some point for service replacements. Wrecks, vandalism, accidents or upgrade from soft tops. Ford sends us body panels, glass, bedsides that are large on normal truck line daily orders now so tops shouldn't be a problem. My assumption is they would be direct ship to dealers from the supplier instead of cross docking at the depots. When they become available we will try to stock several since we do a bunch of wholesale parts business.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those of you that have seen the pickup topper delivery trailers, that would be a simple method to deliver hardtops. I could not find a photo of one of the trailers but they essentially look like a storage rack built on top of a trailer.

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) official-leer-dealer

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not even close....not even in the same ballpark.
Think of the crate size needed to protect the top. Now think how many of those crates will fit in a 53' trailer. Maybe 12-15 tops per trailer? The freight may not be as much as the top cost but it is going to be very expensive.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think of the crate size needed to protect the top. Now think how many of those crates will fit in a 53' trailer. Maybe 12-15 tops per trailer? The freight may not be as much as the top cost but it is going to be very expensive.
Then how do they sell pick up toppers? They don’t make them on site...and they are bigger and heavier. Freight just doesn’t cost that much....even one offs, much less en masse. I have a massive sectional on the way from NC for $700. It is probably the weight of 8 tops, the size of 4. Anecdotal, I know....but there is no way it costs more than $3-$400 to ship these to a dealer. That’s well less than the approx $2k cost of the top.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think yall are over valuing the need for a wiper or defroster on a near vertical back window.
It snows and we have road salt up north. Maybe in the south it not a hardship but I'll wait.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have seen the pickup topper delivery trailers, that would be a simple method to deliver hardtops. I could not find a photo of one of the trailers but they essentially look like a storage rack built on top of a trailer.

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) official-leer-dealer
I know what you're talking about. When I order a topper, it comes on one of those trailers and they only charge me like $12 freight. It's nuts.
Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) 1622816219660

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Actually when you think about it, since the panels over the seats are separate they can ship in one box and the rear clamshell in another. Then both boxes can ship like any regular freight, not that big or heavy.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RIDICULOUS!

hradtops

d) Entitled folks will piss & moan until their Broncos arrive
Hradtops :LOL:
If you are going to post a teacher sounding scolding, at least check for typos first.

If you don't like this forum, why are you posting here? All I see you doing is criticizing people who have been waiting almost a year for a vehicle they have yet to see produced. Ford is forcing me to wait ANOTHER year on top of that due to tops. You think being in this situation and being frustrated and unsatisfied is entitlement?

I really wish I was entitled because I would have my black mod top Wildtrak this summer as originally expected.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It snows and we have road salt up north. Maybe in the south it not a hardship but I'll wait.
I have frost and fog in Florida. I drive an F150 and I use my defroster on the back window all the time. If you get up early for work everyday, it is foggy almost every, single morning where I live. Need foglights and defrost!
Sponsored