Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So Bronco6g scoops BN again, great job @thesyncguru
So tooling around today I came across this in WBDO on a 2021 Bronco Order. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to select it or see pricing on it yet. I can only presume that this would be an option offered for those of us who really are after the hard top but also want our Bronco sooner rather than later. The hold up for many folks has been the lack of wiring and/or rear wiper and washer function if you added a hard top later. Maybe Ford is getting smart here and giving us an option to do this package so we can add a hard top easily later. Maybe they will charge the same as what was originally the dual tops and ship the top to the dealer at some unforsaken later date? I personally would be happy to pay that premium if that was the case. Or even just give you the option to pay a couple hundred bucks to have that option on your soft top again I would move my order right now to do so. I was actually looking at my own build considering a soft top anyway even though it would not work for me in the long run.

Again I do not know what this new package means, costs or availability. But I am hopefuly for some good news, maybe this can be it for some of us??

Your Thoughts??

prep kit.JPG
Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
again imagine the cost of the hardware to enable modular fenders
AFAIK, Ford didn't "enable" modular fenders. They had no choice. The fenders are aluminum that mount to steel. Hardware is required since it is two different metals.

Other vehicles have fairly easy to remove fenders as well, they just don't advertise them as modular.

Bolts, screws, nuts, etc are actually very very cheap. While a $5-10 harness plus install cost included in every vehicle is very large. Its over a million dollars in just a few years.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean why not? Back in the day CJs came standard without a top IIRC, and didn't the U13 Bronco too?
They sure did offer em topless. Bring back the roadster trim level. Topless, donut doors, vinyl seats, rubber floors, Ford Performance tune, stripes, BL/squatch axles and gears, all riding on base suspension and 31" Grabbers.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
AFAIK, Ford didn't "enable" modular fenders. They had no choice. The fenders are aluminum that mount to steel. Hardware is required since it is two different metals.

Other vehicles have fairly easy to remove fenders as well, they just don't advertise them as modular.

Bolts, screws, nuts, etc are actually very very cheap. While a $5-10 harness plus install cost included in every vehicle is very large. Its over a million dollars in just a few years.
Ford did spray weld steel sleeves in the old alloy GT500 block. So where there is a will there is a way.

The look on the your local body shops face when they see spray welded body parts.
4zi9wDHKGSgAAAA?w=164&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don’t know that $1mm is “very large” for a company that makes about $15 million in revenue every hour of every day....you’re talking about 4 minutes of revenue spread across “a few years”.

Sponsored

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well…Ford is listening 👂

(and some Karen’s with VIN 🔒 will cry they can’t change to soft top w prep kit)
It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to lol

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wouldn’t that be something Ford doesn’t include the rear function switches….😳

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would be nice if Ford could give folks an estimated build date (even as rough as half of year) with and without MIC so that folks could make an informed choice. Alas. As it is, people are moving to soft top without any idea how much sooner that's getting them a vehicle (or indeed, whether it changes their situation much at all).
I switched to the build in my signature, and was scheduled the next day. So that should give you an idea of how much quicker you‘ll get one without constraints 🙂

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, here are pictures I personally took in my Jeep this past winter for all the people saying how useless the rear wiper is.

Do I need a rear wiper to get me where I’m going? Nope.

Do I use it all the time? Yep.

(not to mention my state requires a rear wiper be operable if it is present)

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) F81F97FA-5A91-4C7E-903A-DBF8AAD2CB15
Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) DF80E10C-2B72-4C78-8B9B-A8AE123BF071

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So tooling around today I came across this in WBDO on a 2021 Bronco Order. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to select it or see pricing on it yet. I can only presume that this would be an option offered for those of us who really are after the hard top but also want our Bronco sooner rather than later. The hold up for many folks has been the lack of wiring and/or rear wiper and washer function if you added a hard top later. Maybe Ford is getting smart here and giving us an option to do this package so we can add a hard top easily later. Maybe they will charge the same as what was originally the dual tops and ship the top to the dealer at some unforsaken later date? I personally would be happy to pay that premium if that was the case. Or even just give you the option to pay a couple hundred bucks to have that option on your soft top again I would move my order right now to do so. I was actually looking at my own build considering a soft top anyway even though it would not work for me in the long run.

Again I do not know what this new package means, costs or availability. But I am hopefuly for some good news, maybe this can be it for some of us??

Your Thoughts??

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) DF80E10C-2B72-4C78-8B9B-A8AE123BF071
That's great do they have a v6 and tow package prep kit also lol

Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were in charge @Ford Motor Company , I'd I'd give the prep kit to the folks that want a hard top, sell them the hard top later as close to cost as possible, then offer folks who ordered a soft top Ford pass points to have someone else's hard top shipped on their Bronco to mitigate the shipping costs.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The prep kit will likely be a blow dryer similar to how one would apply plastic over drafty windows and apply heat to shrink the plastic tight. It is the only way that I can think to get all the wrinkles out of the Moar Door's soft top.

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they should just build every Bronco prepped for the hard top. Period. Eat the shipping for MY21 deliveries that order dual tops now and just deliver with the soft top. Solves a number of issues, it would seem. Hell, I’ll drive to Detroit from Ohio to pick up my hard top of I have to.

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can any of our dealers on here push their Ford rep for what this “Soft top with Prep Kit” is? @Bronco wannabe @DealerInsider @flip ?
There is an additional one on 2 doors as well that implies a top credit and no not the modular top either, but possibly a soft top for the 2 door coming maybe???