First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is great news for those of us who ordered Soft-Tops, and already have VINs. This means there’s a Ford approved “prep kit” that we can use to later install a hard top. I never planned on using the rear-wiper anyway, but this is just a bonus!
Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FYI,
For those that are ordering a soft top and want a hardtop, I, and probably others, will be glad to purchase the soft top from you when you receive your replacement hardtop. Of course at a reasonable discount.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those thinking it will cost a grand (or two) for a shipped hardtop are going to be in for a surprise. JL 4-door hardtop:

Screenshot_20210528-150912.png

Although the shipping cost did seem reasonable. Probably add another thousand if you are wanting the painted MOD top. And you should also assume it will be on back order well into 2023.
Don't forget to add sales tax.

OP
OP
thesyncguru

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so it now no longer shows there on the ordering side. Also there was briefly a 2 door Top Credit option showing that has also vanished. Again sheer speculation here as far as what it all means, but possibly a 2 door soft top option as all of the dealer training rep ones are running around with bestop fast back looking 2 door soft tops. I did some back checking as well and this credit was in no relation to originally having a MOD top. All I know is Ford is going to do something and likely sooner rather than later to get this thing moving and that is the best news any of us can ask for.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so it now no longer shows there on the ordering side. Also there was briefly a 2 door Top Credit option showing that has also vanished. Again sheer speculation here as far as what it all means, but possibly a 2 door soft top option as all of the dealer training rep ones are running around with bestop fast back looking 2 door soft tops. I did some back checking as well and this credit was in no relation to originally having a MOD top. All I know is Ford is going to do something and likely sooner rather than later to get this thing moving and that is the best news any of us can ask for.
i hope so

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

oh, very true, the bean counters got in the way I think. I can't imagine it's all that much in savings, different switch up front, some wires and a rubber hose and maybe a minute longer in assembly? But here we are. Shortsighted, but probably made sense back when they thought they'd be getting MIC tops by the truck load as needed.
You mentioned it, but I think overlooked the importance of it. -The switches/controls.

Currently, Ford had to develop and manufacture two different sets of controls, employee has to spend the time to determine WHICH control to install, warehousing has to stock/inventory two different switches, etc.

All of this is extra time and money Ford is spending too.

And as I'm typing, I remember the headlight switch is the same as the Explorer, could the wiper control also be the same? Explorer has rear wiper/washer. If they are repurposing the Explorer controls, they pretty much specifically designed controls without for the soft tops Broncos, unless F-series/Mustang use that style.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I know is Ford is going to do something and likely sooner rather than later to get this thing moving and that is the best news any of us can ask for.
Agreed. Ford is more motivated to sell these things than any of us are to buy them. The last thing they want is losing a big chunk of 150,000+ orders they already had in the bag. Especially if the top is the only thing getting in the way of most of these orders.

What they end up offering might not be good enough for some of us, but I eagerly await the solutions they come up with, and anything they can do to move additional Broncos to even just a few order holders is welcome.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m ready! Let me get the soft top on my WT with the components! I don’t need any credits, discounts, points etc whatever these guys are saying. Nothing. Just switch the MIC for soft. Hopefully that would get my build scheduled.. Not sure what else is hurting the Wildtraks so badly.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like how it sounds like a lot of people rush to call there dealer/salesperson after seeing this I am guessing there is a lot of dealers/salespersons getting tired of they same people calling them ever time they see post about something because they dont know much and shit is changing everyday .

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still 8 years away even with a 2DR soft top so meh.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, here are pictures I personally took in my Jeep this past winter for all the people saying how useless the rear wiper is.

Do I need a rear wiper to get me where I’m going? Nope.

Do I use it all the time? Yep.

(not to mention my state requires a rear wiper be operable if it is present)

F81F97FA-5A91-4C7E-903A-DBF8AAD2CB15.jpeg
DF80E10C-2B72-4C78-8B9B-A8AE123BF071.jpeg
I use them on our Jetta wagon all the time in winter, can't see anything out back otherwise. And that's also a pretty straight up vertical window.

Good point with the state requirement too.

But all that aside, if I buy a hard top with a wiper and washer and defroster unit, it better work. No matter if I ever use it or not.

It's not a big wiper, but it's also not a big window. And those that want to install one of those camera "rear view mirrors", well, good luck with that once the window is all fogged up or iced up.

Of course it might not matter at all to those that live where the weather is usually not wet or icy it's less of an issue. Might be one though, down the road when they want to sell it?

I'm sticking with my MIC for now....

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, make sure you also get the special order V8 prep kit for the 5.0 so you'll be ready for an easy swap.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, make sure you also get the special order V8 prep kit for the 5.0 so you'll be ready for an easy swap.
I saw one of those in a dream the other night. The engineering group called it the “V8 Range Loss Minimization Kit”, but the marketing group re-branded it to the “Godzilla Thirst Quencher Energy Drink Rack”. :ROFLMAO:;)

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) D7104818-E3DD-485B-A2C9-45B1A46BD6FF

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those thinking it will cost a grand (or two) for a shipped hardtop are going to be in for a surprise. JL 4-door hardtop:

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) D7104818-E3DD-485B-A2C9-45B1A46BD6FF

Although the shipping cost did seem reasonable. Probably add another thousand if you are wanting the painted MOD top. And you should also assume it will be on back order well into 2023.
Not to mention, last time I checked, the jeep painted hardtops show up to the dealer in primer. So then add the cost of painting.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. I have never used a rear wiper blade in my life. Only even had one car with one. Never had one with a rear squirter.

Honestly though, from a manufacturing standpoint, it's just dumb not to have a universal wiring harness. Even if it costs slightly more, you almost always save more than the difference in inventory management.

Freight charges on shipping the Hard Top would be the real sticking point.
Yes. I work for a national LTL trucking company and the freight/packaging charges would easily be twice the cost of the MIC top
Sponsored