First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only problem with this "switch to a soft top for quicker delivery" is the vagueness of it all. As my dealer said "you can switch from MIC to soft, but I can't guarantee that it will move production up".
So, change the MIC top (what I want), to a soft top and maybe, just maybe you will get it sooner... Who knows really. But I am not sacrificing something I want and am paying over 40k for over maybe. Tell me swapping tops will get it here this summer instead of next year, I am in. But I can't drop something I really want for "it might, just maybe, we at Ford don't really know, but it could probably maybe get your Bronco built a little sooner, possibly, but no guarantee". I will wait it out with the MIC. Not changing anything.
Sponsored

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They should be prepping every single Bronco for a hardtop regardless, but if this becomes a thing it better be free of charge for all these bullshit delays. Especially if they’re telling folks to order a soft top to *maybe* get their $40k plus truck faster. Seriously, why is this even an extra when the factory cost differential for the alternate harness, tubing, and install might be a whole 10 bucks? I’d much rather have that and a Bronco than a 6 month wait for a hardtop with a free sound deadening headliner!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My guess is. If you order a soft top hoping for an earlier delivery and ordering the hardt top down the line, you'll have to wait for all the hard top constraints to go away before you'll be able to order a hard top. Which also makes me wonder, if your hard top was damaged due to some kind of accident, how long would it be until a replacement hard top would be available.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally understand. In my case I was on fence in Feb but went with hardtop. But a few weeks ago I made switch to soft top and then several days later got VIN (7/31 reservation). But if your set on hardtop then I agree it’s probably best to hold firm as there are no guarantees.

Last edited:

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only problem with this "switch to a soft top for quicker delivery" is the vagueness of it all. As my dealer said "you can switch from MIC to soft, but I can't guarantee that it will move production up".
So, change the MIC top (what I want), to a soft top and maybe, just maybe you will get it sooner... Who knows really. But I am not sacrificing something I want and am paying over 40k for over maybe. Tell me swapping tops will get it here this summer instead of next year, I am in. But I can't drop something I really want for "it might, just maybe, we at Ford don't really know, but it could probably maybe get your Bronco built a little sooner, possibly, but no guarantee". I will wait it out with the MIC. Not changing anything.
If you switch to a soft top, remove the tow package, and have an early reservation... you’ll get it this summer.

Source: That’s what I did.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave this some more thought, I'm not changing to soft top unless I get a delivery time frame attached to that change. (of course, only if all the wiring etc is there, otherwise don't bother to begin with).
I really would like a soft top, my original order was dual top. I made that change to MIC only as requested, and I'm keeping the $1000 in Ford Pass Points. That's not negotiable.

Offer me a fully wired BadSquatch with all the other sins per my order, tell me I'll get it in August or September if I - for now - change to soft top and promise me a MIC top delivered to my dealer (or somewhere else local) at no cost to me (aside of the dual top price), I'll switch back to my dual top order right now. I'll take those points as reward for my patience, they don't cost Ford $1000 anyway. Happy to help in moving things along, but not at my cost. Ford is getting $60k from me, butter me up if you want things to move along faster :)

I'm not signing up for future wiring or delivery headaches just to get this thing sooner. I can wait to give Ford my money, can they wait to collect?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you switch to a soft top, remove the tow package, and have an early reservation... you’ll get it this summer.

All fine and good except for people that need the 7pin wire harness immediately after bronco delivery. If only needed a 4pin, sure remove the tow package and add the 4pin theough ford parts. 7pin = still unknown as to how to incorporate into the bronco after the fact.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

I ordered a 4 door base, MIC, Sasquatch, Auxiliary switches and the 2.7 engine. I just worry that sacrificing one thing may not actual speed it up because of anything else on my build. If it is just another month or 2 wait for a MIC, I am fine with that, but if this will hold me up till next year, then I may jump on board with you and swap to the soft.

Stoked for you on getting a vin! Congrats!

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a 4 door base, MIC, Sasquatch, Auxiliary switches and the 2.7 engine. I just worry that sacrificing one thing may not actual speed it up because of anything else on my build. If it is just another month or 2 wait for a MIC, I am fine with that, but if this will hold me up till next year, then I may jump on board with you and swap to the soft.

Stoked for you on getting a vin! Congrats!
When’s your reservation? If it’s before September 2020, I think switching to a soft top will definitely get you scheduled, especially with your build.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
When’s your reservation? If it’s before September 2020, I think switching to a soft top will definitely get you scheduled, especially with your build.
Day 1 reservation. You are slowly twisting my arm... Are you an early res too?

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don’t forget you can’t have roof rails with a soft top
Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) 0BD79A71-B1FD-4391-B1E1-13CD36AA2AD5

4WP already thought of that.
Plus tons of Jeeps have aftermarket roof rack "skeletons" that have way higher weight limits than the factory racks and don't attach to any part of the roof.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day 1 reservation. You are slowly twisting my arm... Are you an early res too?
Nope, not even early. July 17th, which I think was Day 5.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope, not even early. July 17th, which I think was Day 5.
I would still call you an early res. Day 5 isn't that bad. You are making this swap sound better too. I am going to take the night and decide tomorrow. I like the security of the MIC, but I also like the convenience of the soft top. Good looking out and thanks for the information.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would still call you an early res. Day 5 isn't that bad. You are making this swap sound better too. I am going to take the night and decide tomorrow. I like the security of the MIC, but I also like the convenience of the soft top. Good looking out and thanks for the information.
I used to think Day 5 was an early reservation, until I found out that over 40% of reservations were made within the first 2 days.

And I agree with you completely. I love the soft-top for its convenience. I won’t miss the rear-wiper at all. But the only concern I have, is security. Thankfully Ford is already selling lock boxes from the Bronco Accessory Catalog. So anything important, I’ll put in there.

I’ll buy a hard-top in a couple years, when Ford finally figures out how to make them.
Sponsored