Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update - June 5, 2021

Ok so it now no longer shows there on the ordering side. Also there was briefly a 2 door Top Credit option showing that has also vanished. Again sheer speculation here as far as what it all means, but possibly a 2 door soft top option as all of the dealer training rep ones are running around with bestop fast back looking 2 door soft tops. I did some back checking as well and this credit was in no relation to originally having a MOD top. All I know is Ford is going to do something and likely sooner rather than later to get this thing moving and that is the best news any of us can ask for.

Original post - June 3, 2021

So tooling around today I came across this in WBDO on a 2021 Bronco Order. Unfortunately, it will not allow me to select it or see pricing on it yet. I can only presume that this would be an option offered for those of us who really are after the hard top but also want our Bronco sooner rather than later. The hold up for many folks has been the lack of wiring and/or rear wiper and washer function if you added a hard top later. Maybe Ford is getting smart here and giving us an option to do this package so we can add a hard top easily later. Maybe they will charge the same as what was originally the dual tops and ship the top to the dealer at some unforsaken later date? I personally would be happy to pay that premium if that was the case. Or even just give you the option to pay a couple hundred bucks to have that option on your soft top again I would move my order right now to do so. I was actually looking at my own build considering a soft top anyway even though it would not work for me in the long run.

Again I do not know what this new package means, costs or availability. But I am hopefuly for some good news, maybe this can be it for some of us??

Your Thoughts??

prep kit.JPG
Must be for the people that are ordering the duel tops so they get the wiring and spray. But you can't have roof rails with the soft top.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is from Instagram. Bronco Nation is answering questions regarding the bronco, and this was one of the questions…

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) 734BE515-80DE-4AB8-A5BD-22EA797E3911
I came here to post the same thing. Wish they had some more info. Might encourage me to switch to a soft top.

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I came here to post the same thing. Wish they had some more info. Might encourage me to switch to a soft top.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. My guess, is that if they go that route for the people that order soft tops after, they will probably ship them to the dealership, and the person would pick up from there, to keep shipping costs lower.

Last edited:

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They did go back around to the question on instagram and clarified that it is just speculation as for did not confirm, but noted it showed up in the dealer system

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) 1623090316078

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Source on this 40% number?
I don't think you want to know. It's probably not a pleasant place. :) I suspect it's a place otherwise known as "exit only". 😄
If you must, only people that voted can see the results of the poll, so I expect people w/o VINs who are chomping at the bit to get their build emails would be very interested to see poll results and therefore vote. The poll also clearly states that non VIN holders should vote.

A sample size of 350 is large and statistics from that sample are very representative of the population. Population being forum members. The 40+% number was a bit surprising to me, but I think that if it is high it is driven by the fact that forum members are enthusiasts that generally have early time stamps relative to the non forum public at large. Perhaps also, very active forum members skew towards early timestamps even more.
Not going to get into a big debate about the poll except to say that how a question is worded can greatly affect poll participation as well as poll answers. For example, I visit this forum regularly but did not respond to the poll prior to minutes ago.

Also, I think the reverse of what you suggest is true. As someone who has an order with an expected '21 fulfillment but no VIN assignment, I'm less interested to know how many others got their VINs so far. Unless there's data about what their build was and their reservation timestamp, it's meaningless beyond just a count. And the count itself is meaningless until there is a large number of respondents.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They did go back around to the question on instagram and clarified that it is just speculation as for did not confirm, but noted it showed up in the dealer system

Ford Bronco "Soft Top Cloth w/ Prep Kit" Option Spotted in Ordering System as Possible Hard Top Prewire (For Retrofit Install) 1623090316078
Quite the CYA by BN on that one. I am so confused by their actual role in this rollout it’s amazing. They feign that they are just enthusiasts, but get exclusive access to Ford and Bronco yet fail to get real answers and insight that enthusiasts would want.

To me they just scream “I am a trust fund kid who knows someone high up at Ford and this is my MBA/Capstone thesis/project”

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1623090316078.png
I don't even know if i really need a hardtop - we have a A5 convertible and the softtop is perfectly fine all year round ( not sure the Bronco top will be as nice ) - but I'm afraid of not getting the connections in case I want to switch. This would be great if true!

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quite the CYA by BN on that one. I am so confused by their actual role in this rollout it’s amazing. They feign that they are just enthusiasts, but get exclusive access to Ford and Bronco yet fail to get real answers and insight that enthusiasts would want.
So for your information they are a marketing company paid by Ford to handle some of the marketing, including social media, traveling shows and Off Roadeo, to name a few. Since they are marketing people they will never tell the truth about anything except accidentally.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So for your information they are a marketing company paid by Ford to handle some of the marketing, including social media, traveling shows and Off Roadeo, to name a few. Since they are marketing people they will never tell the truth about anything except accidentally.
Oh I’m well aware they are hired by Ford. It’s just the weirdest professional market company I have seen interact with the public to date. They act almost as if they don’t work for Ford. Case and point is the soft-top w/hard top wiring in WBDO. They could easily just not mention it until confirmed by Ford, but they put these weird messages out there that it exists but it’s not confirmed.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I’m well aware they are hired by Ford. It’s just the weirdest professional market company I have seen interact with the public to date. They act almost as if they don’t work for Ford. Case and point is the soft-top w/hard top wiring in WBDO. They could easily just not mention it until confirmed by Ford, but they put these weird messages out there that it exists but it’s not confirmed.
They are marketing people not rocket scientists. Plus they aren't internal to Ford so they only know what they are fed.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would be a huge PR win for Ford if this becomes reality. Regardless of the logistics to get everyone their hard tops later, offering the hookups now and getting Broncos in driveways would go a long way with tens of thousands of new Bronco buyers and reservation/order holders. Let’s make it happen Ford!
Sponsored