Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For someone that has never owned a soft top and just changed their order from the mic top to the soft top, I was just wondering if there’s anything that you should or shouldn’t do with it? How to wash it, clean it? Etc. Carwash or no carwash? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For someone that has never owned a soft top and just changed their order from the mic top to the soft top, I was just wondering if there’s anything that you should or shouldn’t do with it? How to wash it, clean it? Etc. Carwash or no carwash? Thanks in advance.
Not sure about the Bronco. But my old 4runner had one. The only rule I had was don’t open when it’s cold. Or better yet don’t open when hot and expect it to go back into place after the temp drops. I’ve not seen any discussion about a tightening or loosening feature on this one. But the canvas certainly shrinks a small percent in the cold.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a cloth soft top on our Jeep for 7 years. I treated mine with 303 fabric protector and did not run through car washes (have seen others say you can ). Be careful not to wash the plastic windows with dirty rags as they will scratch.

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have much info on cleaning. But with my convertible, I never leave anything in it like a gym bag, backpack, etc. I also personally keep the doors unlocked (not a big deal since I don't keep anything in it). This depends on what kind of area you live in but I would prefer a thief to open the doors rather than cut the top open.

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the original soft top on my 2006 Jeep when I sold it back in March. I used 303 water proofing spray once or twice a year. You can't just wipe the windows with glass cleaner because they will scratch. I used Plexus to clean my windows, it is designed to fill in any minor scratches and it protects the window material. Always try to wipe with a clean part of a soft lint free rag. Don't fold the windows, or they will get a crease you can't get out. Roll the windows up, or store them flat. Don't take your top off in cold weather, the top will shrink in the cold and you won't be able to get it back on. Be careful when folding the top back, so you don't pinch the fabric in the frame. Always make sure you latch the top back down before driving. I never tried driving through a carwash with my soft top, and the Jeep owner's manual said not to. With all of that being said, if you take good care of a soft top it will last a very long time.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Soft Top Do’s & Dont’s? IMG_1629
Ford Bronco Soft Top Do’s & Dont’s? IMG_1631

Had the rear window propped up for a few hours while installing Molle panels..now wrinkled. Wonder if some temperature changes might flatten ?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had the rear window propped up for a few hours while installing Molle panels..now wrinkled. Wonder if some temperature changes might flatten ?
This time of year it takes a bit more but yes, the sun will help it flatten(ish) back out.
Sponsored