Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on the fence between hard and soft top, here are some quick thoughts and some answers I'm looking for:

1. I surf/foil/kiteboard. Everything except my longboard fits in the back of my JKU, and i would prefer it there (roof off or on). Just wondering what's the vertical clearance from the bottom of the cargo bed to the bottom of the soft top when tilted and propped with the stick.

2. I like how quick the soft top flips back, I leave it in the garage when not driving anyways. My concern is travelling, I'm getting it so I can make surf trips again. The plus side being I can flip the top down when I get where I'm going and drive on beach, etc. (OBX/Florida). The down side being I can't store gear on top.

3. I just ordered, Badlands, 4 door, 2.3, standard, Cyber Orange, manual, hard top. I don't know if the soft top would help get it here by this time next year or not, not really concerned with timing, more worried with a huge increase in price (not sure if I qualify for price lock), although I guess i could just argue that with my dealer and they've been pretty accomdating. '

I run roughly May - October no top, no doors (hard top) with bikini. I would probably flip it back more with a soft top because it's quicker/easier, etc. I have no problem throwing some nerf bars around the roll bar and strapping on when it's warm enough, but in the winter I would need a fix for board storage (although I tend to foil more than longboard these days). One more thought, any issue with running a board out the back with the back window pulled, but everything else intact?
Sponsored

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went by and measured, it's roughly 32" from the cargo floor to the bottom of the soft top once propped up. What are everyone's thoughts on loading gear with that clearance limitation?

Is there some other way other than taking the whole top off to load gear that might need more space to enter through the tailgate?