Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there been any recent information on the soft top for hard top? (pictured below)
I'm assuming this is a Bestop product as they make the same thing for Wranglers, called the Sunrider for Hardtop. I have it on my JKU now and this week is the perfect example of why someone would want one. It snowed yesterday and will be close to 70 degrees a few days this week here in SE Michigan.

Ford Bronco Soft Top for Hard Top / Sunrider for Hardtop 1604328585594
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No recent official information. I would guess that this may be one of the accessories / options that could be available when the dealer guide is released to dealers when ordering will begin. Looks like you'd get your MIC top and this would be an accessory that you would have separately to put on when you remove the front row roof panels.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was interested in that as well and nothing new that I've seen, not sure if it was supposed to be part of the missing 200 accessories or will be a DIO option. If not I'm sure Bestop will have it advertised once Bronco's hit the street. If you have pics of yours please post, would like to see how it might match up to the gray HT we're all getting.

Thanks

OP
OP
ChrisKz

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was interested in that as well and nothing new that I've seen, not sure if it was supposed to be part of the missing 200 accessories or will be a DIO option. If not I'm sure Bestop will have it advertised once Bronco's hit the street. If you have pics of yours please post, would like to see how it might match up to the gray HT we're all getting.

Thanks
I don't have any pics of my own but there are many on Bestop's site. It comes in the Black Diamond material and Twill. I have the Twill and it is MUCH darker than the Jeep's hardtop and I'm sure would be a huge difference with the MIC Bronco top. The Black Diamond would be a shade or two lighter but still a fair amount of contrast with the MIC top. If / when the option is there, I'd definitely get the Twill version again.

https://www.bestop.com/products/sunrider-for-hardtop---20-21-gladiator-18-21-wrangler-jl/

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisKz

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would like to see a Twill rear shell that would work with hardtop roof panels.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think if Best Top did something like they do for the Gladiator, where the front and mid sections could fold back....that would be awesome....

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be great if it was for both the first and second row on the 4dr. Popping off the first-row panels on the 4dr and storing them onboard looks easy. But you have to decide before you leave for the day/weekend/etc. that you don't want the 2nd row panel on and live with it until you get home.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisKz

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be great if it was for both the first and second row on the 4dr. Popping off the first-row panels on the 4dr and storing them onboard looks easy. But you have to decide before you leave for the day/weekend/etc. that you don't want the 2nd row panel on and live with it until you get home.
Currently, for Wranglers, it is only the first row. The top works on 2 door or 4 door Wranglers. Maybe Bestop (and Ford?) think if you're going to want to fold over the 2nd row too that maybe a regular soft top is your best option...?

OP
OP
ChrisKz

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two months later and a couple of inquiries to Mike Levine (tweets) and it is still crickets on the availability of this top for the 2 door. Not to sound cliche, but this is a game changer and a MUST HAVE option for me. I'd be willing to bet anyone that has one on their Wrangler wouldn't give it up for 2X what they paid for it. Without confirmation that it will be available for the 2 door I'll be giving up my day 1 reservation. I'm holding on to the reservation as long as I can to give Ford an opportunity to provide some guidance. I did contact Bestop a while back and they said they couldn't provide any information ??‍♂
Sponsored