First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since Ford isn't giving us one, I'd guess some aftermarket company will. I'm leaning Race Red, so white or even tan would work well.

I've never had a Wrangler, so I'm not sure what body attachment points are required. Will Bronco's body be adaptable?
Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since Ford isn't giving us one, I'd guess some aftermarket company will. I'm leaning Race Red, so white or even tan would work well.

I've never had a Wrangler, so I'm not sure what body attachment points are required. Will Bronco's body be adaptable?
Hope so

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll be getting wet until they do. I wonder if Ford will have terry cloth towels as DIO until them. ?

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I've had a few Wranglers. The easiest option would be if someone comes up with a frameless option. Otherwise you need to figure out how to mount the hinges for the frame that supports the top. Even with frameless you would still have an issue of anchor points. How would it attach above the windshield, along the back and sides. Wranglers have a channel that holds the side panels in place along the bottom of the panels. Along the top of the windshield are two anchor points that you leverage closed to make the top tight so it's not flapping around as you drive.
So, in my opinion, adding a soft top would require adding a lot of hardware. But I'm sure there are some engineering geniuses out there that can figure something out.

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A simple type bikini top would work for me but now that I think about the Bronco structure there is no overhead bar in the middle like a Jeep has. I wonder if the extra length would cause excessive flapping.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the one thing keeping me from a 2-door at this point and I think some evil marketing/bean-counter at Ford is doing it on purpose to suppress the 2-door sales so they can kill it off.

Where's @HoosierDaddy's tinfoil hat?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A simple type bikini top would work for me but now that I think about the Bronco structure there is no overhead bar in the middle like a Jeep has. I wonder if the extra length would cause excessive flapping.
You could probably have a clip on or slip in fiberglass bow into one of the many holes in the roll bar.

The more important issue is pooling. I dont know how many times I hopped in my cj unaware of 3/4 gallon of water sitting up there. That is until my fat ass tilts the body my way and dumps it on me on my way to work.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes,it’s the hardware for a soft top that could be an issue.
I’ve had both a CJ7 and Wrangler, and the hardware already preinstalled makes it easy. You can’t just throw a soft top on, it has to be braced and have attachment points. I also believe what another poster said about Ford not having a soft top is a way just to kill off the 2dr. I hope I am wrong

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It's the one thing keeping me from a 2-door at this point and I think some evil marketing/bean-counter at Ford is doing it on purpose to suppress the 2-door sales so they can kill it off.
I am in a holding pattern waiting to see how this plays out. I need either a factory soft top or the hard top to be light enough to be easily removable by one person. And realistically, based on my experience with the JL Wrangler launch, it's likely to be awhile before the 2 doors are built thanks to those bean-counters.

Sponsored

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did I miss something? No option for soft top on 2D?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A simple type bikini top would work for me ...
Bikini bottom for me if you please.

The structure they provide will be adequate to strap a few different types of soft tops over the opening, heck, even bungee balls and a custom sized tarp will work. Then some ratchet straps horizontally across the gap to reduce flapping.

A1 Tarps will make you anything you want!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did I miss something? No option for soft top on 2D?
Apparently, yes, you did miss something.

Did you look at the top options Ford has listed for each trim, then looked at what is clearly stated as 2-door or 4-door? (guessing not based on your reaction)

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Apparently, yes, you did miss something.

Did you look at the top options Ford has listed for each trim, then looked at what is clearly stated as 2-door or 4-door? (guessing not based on your reaction)
I did not look that closely apparently, I'm not really interested in the soft top, I just figured they'd be crazy not to sell a soft top or have a soft top as an option. I had dual tops on my old JK, and I didn't have much use for the soft top. Felt like I was gettin beat to death on the highway.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure Best Top will have a quality soft top for the two-door.

Be warned, they are proud of their products.
Sponsored