First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC color choice got you feeling down? MOD top unavailability got you considering cancelling your order? You can still get a black soft top ;)

On a real note, spent several hours looking at pictures, reading Jeep JL soft top owners reviews and decided to pull a 180 and go soft top only on my 4dr. I’m buying this to be an open air vehicle as much as possible. NC winters aren’t too bad. Road noise should be fairly similar between the two up until interstate speeds. I will take slightly more noise for being able to lower the top in under 5 minutes whenever I want to.

How many other soft top takers do we have?
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC color choice got you feeling down? MOD top unavailability got you considering cancelling your order? You can still get a black soft top ;)

On a real note, spent several hours looking at pictures, reading Jeep JL soft top owners reviews and decided to pull a 180 and go soft top only on my 4dr. I’m buying this to be an open air vehicle as much as possible. NC winters aren’t too bad. Road noise should be fairly similar between the two up until interstate speeds. I will take slightly more noise for being able to lower the top in under 5 minutes whenever I want to.

I was leaning that way...but they never unsorted the wrinkled windows and loose fit on the factory top which look like crap, so I'm ordering a TrekTop later as it looks so much better. I also get the benefit of getting plumbing for a HT and an insulated HT for $695 that I can sell later if I want.

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided to go soft top only as well. Im hoping to enjoy it this summer and I'll see how the winter goes. If its unbearable I'll order a hardtop. Speaking to friends with soft top Jeeps, they say its totally fine in winter. After all, I will have heated seats and wheel...

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you asked, I am getting soft top only. I have had the OEM canvas top and more recently a Best Top twill on my 2 dr JK. The twill top is better at noise reduction, but the canvas was fine with me. Both were fine in winter here in Chicago as Jeep was small and heated quickly. I have always like the idea of a hard top, mainly for roof rack (kayaks, mainly); however, I believe there will be a roof rack for soft tops that I can put on, similar to those for jeeps, for when I need it. I see a lot of Jeeps with hard tops on during the summer on nice sunny days, but I rarely see a Jeep with a soft top up on those same days. My buddies that only have hard tops rarely take them off. If I decide I want to get a hard top also, I want to see what the white top looks like, as that would be my preferred look and do not want two hard tops (could sell the mic, but likely at a significantly reduced price due to all the people that were forced into a MIC upgrading next year). I do not need rear wiper / defrost, so lack of hookups doesn't bother me if I do end up getting a hard top down the road.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm soft top only and now figuring I just moved up for delivery! I also will refrain from folding the top with the rear windows in....that's why they look like crap. Take 'em out.....

Sponsored

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Florida and have always wanted a convertible type vehicle. Not many days here you can't have the top down, but it rains almost every summer afternoon for a short time so the ability to put the top up and down quickly was key in choosing the soft top.

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see a lot of Jeeps with hard tops on during the summer on nice sunny days, but I rarely see a Jeep with a soft top up on those same days. My buddies that only have hard tops rarely take them off.

This. I have been planning soft top from the beginning for this reason.

Regarding the wavy back windows, take a look at any soft top jeep on the road or for sale on-line, they are all this way. I'm not worried about it.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I could in 2dr I would. I will settle on Freedom top when Best Top gets it made like my JK has. A best of both worlds for me.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ran a soft top on my JKU for 7 years, never felt the need for a hard top. The soft top is so versatile and can be removed and stored away easily. I will most likely have mine off during the winter months (Florida) with possibly a bimini top. This plays out even better than than with the Jeep given the MGV and washout floors.

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I made the same call, although my Bronco will be the 4th vehicle in the driveway, and will only be used on weekends / evenings in the late spring, summer and early fall.

I think the aftermarket will probably provide a better soft top option, but I don't have room to store a hard top when not in use, and asking my wife to help remove and replace the hard top will be as successful as asking her if we can limit the amount of times her dipshit brother decides to visit us and crash on the couch for a week or so at a time.

I'm also not convinced that factory ordering a soft top, won't get the wiring and plumbing for a hard top excluded from the build. No one has confirmed this, other than to say it's how Jeep does it. But Jeep's response to the Bronco hasn't been to better the vehicle, it's been to add a 7.3L engine to it, so I think Ford has better engineers on staff

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the MIC top for NY weather and will add soft top later

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm also not convinced that factory ordering a soft top, won't get the wiring and plumbing for a hard top excluded from the build. No one has confirmed this, other than to say it's how Jeep does it.
I think that was confirmed by ford in Q and A session with BN.

If your counting on that you better make sure you're right

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the soft top only camp.
Live in Chattanooga, TN. Winter is pretty mild.
I love the ability to have the top down and if a quick afternoon summer shower pops up you can very quickly put the top up minus the back windows.
The "safari" look is pretty nice IMHO.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MIC top and will order the fastback top... See you on the outer beach!

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been soft top on an OBX since the beginning. Have owned three CJs and Wranglers with soft tops and never really minded road noise or wind noise. In the newer wrangler it’s way less of an than my CJ. When the top is down I just blast the music. I went this route for the ease of going top off or back on quickly. Given roof issues now I’m glad I was in the soft top camp from the beginning.
Sponsored