Sponsored

Soft Top in the Winter - How is it holding up?

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ontario / Lake Huron here and the soft top is holding the heat in perfectly.No heavy snow load on the roof yet. Bit of a draft on really cold days. More concerned with the lack of heat from the floor vents. Any one else got cold feet and legs ?
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you notice any issues running it through the touchless wash? This is my first softtop but i've heard to stay away from those types of things because the soaps can be harsh on the top material. Good to know the top doesn't leak in those situations tho.
They may be, but l live in an apartment complex and have no access to hand wash, not that I’d do it In These temps anyway. Zero issues, and zero leaks. The alternative here would be way worse than the touchless wash will ever be.

mjrcu

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Suburbs of Chicago here. So far so good. Have had very minimal snow, some freezing rain. So far no issues. Couple of days with sustained 20-30mph winds little noisy on those days. It was 8* when I left this morning with windchill of about -9. Heated seats worked great, auto climate control set to 70 and it was nice and comfy inside about ten minutes into my drive to work.

Back window has been a pain in the ass to keep clean with all the salt on the roads despite lack of snow.
How have you been cleaning the salt residue off the windows? Big concern of mine

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How have you been cleaning the salt residue off the windows? Big concern of mine
I'm still trying to figure that one out. Right now I've been taking it to one of those DIY car washes and just using the high pressure rinse to try and get salt off the car. It doesn't get all of it but enough of it were its not obstructing anything. I've been using a soft microfiber towel to try and wipe some of the salt off the windows as well but it's kinda nerve racking because they scratch so easily.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Chicago and park outside on the street and so far the soft top has been great. We haven't had much snow but the one time we had a few inches I just made an effort to go out there and remove it more often than I would with a hard top. It doesn't really seem to be any different than a hard top when it comes to staying warm. We've had a lot of ice and single digit-mid teens temperatures and the cabin has been plenty warm. I would say the heater is actually too good in these things, I typically have it set to 69-70* in 15* weather and it stays warm in the front seats.
Same here on temp settings

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, run it through touchless car wash first, then I dry it with microfiber and also apply thin coat of Lucas Slick Mist. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WIPE THE PLASTIC WINDOWS PRIOR TO GETTING THE CAR WASHED. Any attempt to do so will irrevocably scratch them. IE, don’t run outside with windex and a towel and expect not to scratch them.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ontario / Lake Huron here and the soft top is holding the heat in perfectly.No heavy snow load on the roof yet. Bit of a draft on really cold days. More concerned with the lack of heat from the floor vents. Any one else got cold feet and legs ?
Hmm, my feet actually get too hot in 4 degree temps. Not sure what your issue could be. Are you running the heat through the dash vents? You should have it set to floor settings.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh, I live in a soft road state and will have to use my local touchless car was several times this winter.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although my truck is in the garage now, it has spent 2 winter storms out in the snow. No issues at all. Stays very nice and warm inside. My 1970 on the other hand was a freezer on wheels when it was a rag top. Nice refinement in my book.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Soapy water in a spray bottle. Spray it on let it soak in. then dip a microfiber towel in a water and very gently wipe it off.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you notice any issues running it through the touchless wash? This is my first softtop but i've heard to stay away from those types of things because the soaps can be harsh on the top material. Good to know the top doesn't leak in those situations tho.
Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this.

1. Definitely do not use a car wash that does make physical contact
2. touchless is probably fine, but I personally dont risk it
Sponsored