Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great to hear positives on this forum-Curious- As an wet western Oregonian:
How many winters have your other softies made it thru before requiring replacing? No garage on my property so I have been covering it to keep the sun and woody elements off it since its May delivery. I am slightly concerned as our cold monsoon season begins in November,
Sponsored

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi all, I had originally ordered the dual tops but dropped the hard top in order to get my Bronco sooner. I picked my Bronco up back in late April and the summer has been awesome and I absolutely love the Bronco. Winter is fast approaching and I'm a little weary of the soft top. I'm just curious if there are any other New Englanders out there (or anyone) who's already been through a winter with the factory soft top. Any tips or suggestions? Any ways to make it warmer/quieter?
I feel like lifting the back of the soft top in icy/frozen conditions might damage the rear and side plastic windows... anyone experience that or are they fine?

On a separate note I haven't heard much about hard top availability lately. I'd still like to get either a black or matching hard top at some point. Any idea how much they'll cost and if they'll do anything for owners that originally had them as part of their build but dropped them? Or any after market hard top recommendations? I had seen the ADV one a while back but seemed pricey.

Thanks in advance!🤙
Last year no problem here in Ohio.

Heated seats could fry an egg. Very toasty inside.

Windows no problems.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great to hear positives on this forum-Curious- As an wet western Oregonian:
How many winters have your other softies made it thru before requiring replacing? No garage on my property so I have been covering it to keep the sun and woody elements off it since its May delivery. I am slightly concerned as our cold monsoon season begins in November,
On my Jeep, I think I went a good 6 years or so of constant outside in PA (good season changes). I probably could have gone another year or two. Granted, it didn't look pretty at year 6, but it was still keeping weather out. That was back in the late 90s early 00s, so presumably the soft tops of today are hopefully even a bit better.

OP
OP

skierx728

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i'm in MN. This is my first winter with it. I anticipate it not being bad. Mine will dry out in a garage every night anyway. The only thing i'm worried about is lifting the back up at all when its really cold. i've heard of the windows cracking if its really cold
Yea this was one of my concerns. I can see myself opening the back to take the skiis out and doing some damage. Looks like most are saying non issue tho so we'll see. Will try to open it as little as possible (y)

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Zero issues w my soft top here in Northern NY, i had to remind myself on occasion it was actually a soft top. Kept me warm all winter. Here’s a video of a weekend in Quebec. 🇨🇦

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First winter here in Lake Tahoe last year and no issues at all without a garage. It held up fine, until a bear peeled the left rear of it open this summer trying to get a Kiwi that rolled under a seat.
Ford Bronco Soft Top in the Winter 3248355F-DC99-412E-818F-0024FD468EDE
Ford Bronco Soft Top in the Winter 0C7BCD73-FB6F-42F1-9024-A9905F097417

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First winter here in Lake Tahoe last year and no issues at all without a garage. It held up fine, until a bear peeled the left rear of it open this summer trying to get a Kiwi that rolled under a seat.

They are definitely a problem and we had a couple bear incidents when we had our place in King’s Beach. My neighbor had one completely trash his kitchen including breaking the door on his refrigerator, lol.

We’ll soon be going our first MN winter with a soft top but I’ve talked to lots of Jeep owners here that have zero issues living year round here with theirs.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea this was one of my concerns. I can see myself opening the back to take the skiis out and doing some damage. Looks like most are saying non issue tho so we'll see. Will try to open it as little as possible (y)
Get a tow hitch ski rack (they stand vertically) and a Kuat Pivot V2 . Better than wet snowy skis on the inside, Driving with your ski boots on is hard enough, lol

And here on the Great Lakes I had no problems. In fact the rear soft window seems to clear itself of snow and ice all by itself just fine. Amazing how much heat actually gets back there

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get a tow hitch ski rack (they stand vertically) and a Kuat Pivot V2 . Better than wet snowy skis on the inside, Driving with your ski boots on is hard enough, lol

And here on the Great Lakes I had no problems. In fact the rear soft window seems to clear itself of snow and ice all by itself just fine. Amazing how much heat actually gets back there
The salt/road chemicals are really hard on ski bindings. I have a hitch ski rack but cover the bindings when the roads are salted after a storm.

Ford Bronco Soft Top in the Winter 73B0FEE2-1A4B-4238-A45D-D12A4C8F9359

Sponsored

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The bear should have at least un buckled the clips first!

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bear should have at least un buckled the clips first!
LOL! He was going to but I let my Great Pyrenees out to look for him. He loves to tree them.