Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL it's not made for any weather - just parked in a showroom.

I heard people complain about the water dripping in rain when you open the door and thought people were being nitpicky. It's legit a stream of water that runs inside past the door sil, it's crazy.

Also, that water run downs the door and into the door. I bet the front doors rust inside out.

My soft tops seams are broken in 5+ spots now.

Still waiting for the panels to droop/separate in heat.
Yeah, all the people who make fun of us complaining have no clue what they are talking about. I'm deciding if I should go ahead and purchase a Bestop or not.
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

welp, add me to the list. I hadn't seen this thread, but noticed it getting droopy in the AZ heat the other day. tacked it back up and cranked the AC and the glue seems to set back up once it gets below 85-90 deg inside the cabin. Best guess for a black top in the heat here is that it was pushing 150deg on the fabric pretty easily. So they definitely didn't account for places where oranges grow in their materials engineering (arizona, florida, texas)

I wonder if this thread will come to rival the 2.7L failed motor thread by the end of summer? LETS GO TEAM! WE CAN DO IT!

Jarmo Karhu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else having the interior of the soft top where it connects on the inside right above the seats coming unglued? Happened to me yesterday for the first time. Luckily I was able to seal it back for now. Not sure if it’s due to the heat or something else.
What resolution did you end up reaching with Ford? I have the exact same issue. I was contacted by Drew from @Ford Motor Company, and told to bring it in for inspection. Dealer agreed that top is failing. Since then, crickets.
Ford Bronco Soft top interior seal coming unglued. A36DC3E5-99D0-4E2C-B360-352BBE2D4CC2

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'd think these were made by webasto, too!

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What resolution did you end up reaching with Ford? I have the exact same issue. I was contacted by Drew from @Ford Motor Company, and told to bring it in for inspection. Dealer agreed that top is failing. Since then, crickets.
A36DC3E5-99D0-4E2C-B360-352BBE2D4CC2.jpeg
I bought Gorilla Glue adhesive spray off Amazon and just fixed it myself using that. So far it has worked wonders.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Add me to the list! We had a couple 90 degree days when I had it open. And the last 2 days have been cold and rainy! I looked up today and was shocked!
Ford Bronco Soft top interior seal coming unglued. 20220612_171305
Ford Bronco Soft top interior seal coming unglued. 20220612_171324

Attachments

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not quite there yet but watching. Glad I found this thread. I can see the edges every so slightly starting to separate. Probably because I'm sensitive now after seeing this, but easy to see how it happens. I don't live in a hot climate and the car is not daily drive / garaged most of the time....

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now add me to the list. 2 different seams are completely hanging down and unglued. 7000 miles in. I always rolled my windows down to prevent this but it still came unglued.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am happy to report that after reading this a while back (well, over summer break), and pressing it to reseal, mine has not come apart again. I went back for several meetings this week in a very hot and sunny parking lot (like it was probably 113 or so in the lot), and my top stayed together. *Fingers crossed*

Reactions: bhb

El_Squatcho

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody else having the interior of the soft top where it connects on the inside right above the seats coming unglued? Happened to me yesterday for the first time. Luckily I was able to seal it back for now. Not sure if it’s due to the heat or something else.
I had this happen, took it to the dealer and they are currently replacing mine. BTW, Its a nightmare.
My dealership cant/ doesn't know how to replace the soft top (Ford ships just the material). It was outsourced and the company began to remove it, then figured out that they need a special rivet from Ford (not included with the top) to attach the new one(after 48 hrs.) So, now my 1-2 day replacement job has turned into a 2 week job due to the rivets not being available right away. SO.... if y'all take your tops in, Make sure you tell your dealer they are going to need a special rivet pack from ford to attach the top.

Sponsored

Bach007hd

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had this happen, took it to the dealer and they are currently replacing mine. BTW, Its a nightmare.
My dealership cant/ doesn't know how to replace the soft top (Ford ships just the material). It was outsourced and the company began to remove it, then figured out that they need a special rivet from Ford (not included with the top) to attach the new one(after 48 hrs.) So, now my 1-2 day replacement job has turned into a 2 week job due to the rivets not being available right away. SO.... if y'all take your tops in, Make sure you tell your dealer they are going to need a special rivet pack from ford to attach the top.
Yeah I fixing to take mine in for the top and the cowl! Thanks for the info!! đź‘Śđź‘Śđź‘Ś

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has come unglued as well. Local dealer has me going to an upholstery shop. If that does not work, I want a new top.

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mines at the dealer right now with the same problem. They called the warranty hotline to get direction on what Ford wants to do. I’m sure I could just spray glue it, but I’m hoping the dealer has a better option.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine started it this past week, oddly enough, with temps in the mid-upper 90's for well over a month now.
Pressed it back into place, but know that in the dusty environment I put it through, it is only a matter of time before the sticky is no longer sticky.

And just because some of you need this 90's throwback in your lives:

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened to me too. It will only continue to get worse over time. I took mine into the dealer and to my surprise they didn't try and fix it with glue. Instead they ordered me a new soft top. It is on back-order (of course) with no date as to when it will arrive.

Ford Bronco Soft top interior seal coming unglued. IMG_2437 (1)
Sponsored