Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for posting this. I normally have my Bronco parked under cover, but it's out front this morning in the heat. I just went out and checked. I'm having the beginnings of that happening over the driver's seat. There is enough room for me to stick my fingers between the gap and feel the glue which is tacky, but not super sticky.

I feel like this top is not made for Florida between the utter drenching I get during heavy rain just getting in, and now it's coming apart when it's simply 80 degrees outside. I'm kind of ticked.

I feel like they should replace the top with the Bestop if it is coming unglued with absolutely normal use.
Mine is normally under a carport and my wife takes it to work it sits in full sun. Never been an issue when the ac has been run before parking. Both times this happened I pulled around back first thing around 9 am. Then by noon it dropped. Other times I left the doors open nothing.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is normally under a carport and my wife takes it to work it sits in full sun. Never been an issue when the ac has been run before parking. Both times this happened I pulled around back first thing around 9 am. Then by noon it dropped. Other times I left the doors open nothing.
I park outside at work also. Probably most people do. I think we should be able to park outside with the windows up during hot weather without having our top start to fall apart. (What is the correct emoji for this situation?)

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I park outside at work also. Probably most people do. I think we should be able to park outside with the windows up during hot weather without having our top start to fall apart. (What is the correct emoji for this situation?)
Ford Bronco Soft top interior seal coming unglued. 4FF1572F-732A-46D1-AC6C-15F4569095C3

will this work?

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang...sounds like a bigger issue than I realized. Glad I am not the only one. Wonder if @Ford Motor Company will issue some sort of recall or something for it. I am definitely not paying for a new soft top or glue to fix it out of my own pocket especially with the vehicle still under warranty.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang...sounds like a bigger issue than I realized. Glad I am not the only one. Wonder if @Ford Motor Company will issue some sort of recall or something for it. I am definitely not paying for a new soft top or glue to fix it out of my own pocket especially with the vehicle still under warranty.
Please let us know what happens. I'm going to keep an eye on mine for sure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford person told me over the phone to take it to the dealership and have them put new adhesive on where it’s coming undone. The same person told me this new adhesive is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty I have. I have an appt with the dealership this Friday anyways to get an oil change done so I will see if they can fix it then.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford person told me over the phone to take it to the dealership and have them put new adhesive on where it’s coming undone. The same person told me this new adhesive is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty I have. I have an appt with the dealership this Friday anyways to get an oil change done so I will see if they can fix it then.
Good! I stuck mine back together and it is still holding. Next time I will take it to the dealer. Thanks for the update!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Read the fine print, floppy tops are warranted for 90 days or 90 minutes in the sun, whichever comes first.

We're you under the mistaken impression Ford's top design team would give you more?

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ended up doing it myself. Was worried the dealership would use the same glue from the factory that doesn’t work very well and I would be back at the same situation again in six months. Used Gorilla Glue spray adhesive. Worked perfectly. Take your time if you do go this route though as it is very sticky and dries very quickly. Goo Gone does a good job removing any excess residue also in case you make a mistake.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is this the real ford acct or the one i heard the mods use?
It’s real. I had a case number with them and a person with customer service I was assigned to for this issue.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
is this the real ford acct or the one i heard the mods use?
It's real but useless. It's a social media hype account that will recommend you take your Bronco to your dealership for warranty claims.

If you have to pay out of pocket they have a reimbursement pool of money that can assist (but not fully cover) your out of pocket repairs.

That is all the account does.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a shame. I hope the new adhesive works out. I really like the function of the OEM top. Plus I'm not too crazy of the Bestop Slantback look.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I feel like this top is not made for Florida between the utter drenching I get during heavy rain just getting in, and now it's coming apart when it's simply 80 degrees outside. I'm kind of ticked.
LOL it's not made for any weather - just parked in a showroom.

I heard people complain about the water dripping in rain when you open the door and thought people were being nitpicky. It's legit a stream of water that runs inside past the door sil, it's crazy.

Also, that water run downs the door and into the door. I bet the front doors rust inside out.

My soft tops seams are broken in 5+ spots now.

Still waiting for the panels to droop/separate in heat.
Sponsored