Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not posted about this because I was trying to resolve the issue. "My dealer said" that since his other Bronco has this issue, it is just the way they are designed. I hope not.

My soft top will literally drench me with water any time I get in or out when it's raining. A good amount of water will pool inside the Bronco right beside the seat controls. This isn't raindrops falling on my head, this is so much water that I had to go home and change. I have to open my umbrella inside my Bronco before I open the door (which is hard) or else I will be completely drenched with a large stream of water. I don't mean that I have to crack the door and put them umbrella outside and open it. I mean I literally have to open the umbrella prior to opening the door.

It seems like all of the water should be directed toward the front pillar, but it just veers off onto the front seat passengers instead. Is this "what the top is supposed to do" as "my dealer said," or not?

(Yes I have video. "My dealer" said NBD.)
Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not posted about this because I was trying to resolve the issue. "My dealer said" that since his other Bronco has this issue, it is just the way they are designed. I hope not.

My soft top will literally drench me with water any time I get in or out when it's raining. A good amount of water will pool inside the Bronco right beside the seat controls. This isn't raindrops falling on my head, this is so much water that I had to go home and change. I have to open my umbrella inside my Bronco before I open the door (which is hard) or else I will be completely drenched with a large stream of water. I don't mean that I have to crack the door and put them umbrella outside and open it. I mean I literally have to open the umbrella prior to opening the door.

It seems like all of the water should be directed toward the front pillar, but it just veers off onto the front seat passengers instead. Is this "what the top is supposed to do" as "my dealer said," or not?

(Yes I have video. "My dealer" said NBD.)
Push up on the roof over the door before you open it. That will direct the water away from the door or over the door depending on where you push. Push gently.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Somebody on Youtube has a video on this...(CoderMan). Not sure if he's on here, but maybe.

Edit: He's actually got a hard top with the same issue.

Around 1:25 into the video:

#BroncoCharm

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah you can see the water overflowing on the window in a particular spot when it rains so it definitely pools. To someones suggestion in this thread it might be of benefit to nudge that section before you open the door to lessen the chance of getting soaked.

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same problem with my 2008 Wrangler with both the soft and hardtop. The struggle is real.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed on the soft top I examined at the dealer that there is a stiff seam overtop the door which I think is designed to act as a gutter to the A-pillar. The design seems to have an infection point about 4” from the A-pillar, and in the rain that’s where I saw the water streaming off. The inflection could be due to how the top folds back.

Anyway, there may be a way to add a stiffener to straighten out the problem area.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the hardtop 2dr video above. Welcome to no gutter and the windows down while moving. That's not the same issue as the soft top. It's to be expected to some extent with no gutters.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, sounds to me like a soft top. Start getting real good at hopping out real quick in the rain. My Jeep has soaked my legs numerous times over the years. Comes with the territory.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brutal