Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, I just wanted to share that I’m having a little issue with my soft top that could turn into a big problem with the top open at the first stage if you’re not aware.

I've noticed with the bronco, you really have to give it some force to hook in. Goes for soft top, doors, hatch back, etc.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if that's why the top's frame is making noise on my wife's Bronco. It makes a rattling noise when flipped back like your video but it also makes the noise when its fully closed.

OP
OP
Bronco-tx

Bronco-tx

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if that's why the top's frame is making noise on my wife's Bronco. It makes a rattling noise when flipped back like your video but it also makes the noise when its fully closed.
Maybe, I noticed not as much noise when the top is fully closed with both latches locked.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed that the first time, now when I'm putting it back from position 3 to 2, I just come in pretty hot with it and it latches every time no problem.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe, I noticed not as much noise when the top is fully closed with both latches locked.
It's my wife's Bronco and she's the one that's been flipping it open/closed. Then of course I get in and start hearing noises, which is typical of things.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever take the soft top all the way off? Not sure if there is much play when reinstalling it. Maybe the fasteners need to be loosened and the assembly shifted forward? Just my first thought.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had the same problem with mine. It would not lock in. It took me 2hrs of adjustments to make it lock into all 3 positions without binding.

Jen Johnsen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same problem with mine. It would not lock in. It took me 2hrs of adjustments to make it lock into all 3 positions without binding.
Can you share what adjustments you made… mine is doing the same thing and it’s soooo frustrating

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you share what adjustments you made… mine is doing the same thing and it’s soooo frustrating
Those supports are adjustable. You can unscrew them and do the adjustments. I had to do it only for one side and it worked.

Jen Johnsen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those supports are adjustable. You can unscrew them and do the adjustments. I had to do it only for one side and it worked.
Ohh. Ok. That is my project for tomorrow. I seriously love the car but I’m frustrated with the top right now :(. Thanks!!

Jen Johnsen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohh. Ok. That is my project for tomorrow. I seriously love the car but I’m frustrated with the top right now :(. Thanks!!
Well. After playing with it and taking some time… I honestly couldn’t figure out what part was adjustable. So I went to the dealer and they were able to quickly show me and make an adjustment . I attached a photo for everyone
Ford Bronco Soft top latch issue. 93EE88B1-CEF6-4B93-8687-87AD13EB25FF

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, I just wanted to share that I’m having a little issue with my soft top that could turn into a big problem with the top open at the first stage if you’re not aware.

thanks for the video, I was able to trouble shoot mine after watching. force Latch the soft top like you did in the video and then loosen the bracket with the two torx bolts. Then re tighten.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m having this problem too but only on the passenger side. It latches with small force on the drivers side. I noticed this while driving with the soft top in position 1 (???, folded halfway back) and it was making a strange noise. Didn’t know it was user adjustable so I’ll try that today.
Sponsored