Sponsored

Soft Top leaking [condensation?] right through the fabric layer???

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Condensation. I forget for many on here this is there first go with a soft top retractable roof. These are issues that happen. It's the nature of the beast. I've owned 3 different soft top jeeps it's what happens. My recent which is my wife's is a 2018 Rubicon. Both soft and hard top. Both have there quirks. My wife never owned a jeep before and was the primary driver. The first year was ruff she bought it and it had the hard top and it was nothing but questions and complaints that first winter about everything. Then switched to softie for the summer and oh boy all summer every rain storm nothing but questions and complaints. I almost just got rid of it. She's use to I now and understands what it means to own a jeep. All these problems at what jeep owners go through all the time. Leaks, Loud cab noises, squeaking and poping tops, there's no insulation on my wife's jeep. Just loosely put down carpet. So you hear alot of road noise. I figure it's probably the same in some or most of the broncos. This is a off-road vehicles made to beat on not a 90 thousand dollars gmc Yukon. It's basic and made to be fun and ruff. It will never be quiet and well manured.
Sponsored

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received this photo from a Bronco owner and it’s something I haven’t seen before so I thought I’d share.

The photo APPEARS to show water seeping right through the soft top material after recent winter snow/ice/rain.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

E261E72F-1877-4E42-971A-390615F96CC6.jpeg

I have reported it to Ford.
Looks like condensation... Not leaking. If snow still on top then it's prolly that...

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been rained on in my soft top jeeps many times in the winter from condensation. I'm glad my wife's jeep has both tops. I can only imagine in the winter the hell I would hear if she was getting wet every time she drove home from work.🙄
Sponsored