First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So the passenger lift support / gas strut on my soft top is frozen up. No amount of pressure will get it to budge. I looked up the part number on the strut but to no avail. I can't seem to find the correct number anywhere. Does anyone have a number for it? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dlrsavannah

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Talking to Ford parts dept, I was told that they do not have any in the field or replacements at all. I find it funny for a vehicle that's been around for 3 years now there'd be a replacement for this. I'll have to take a trip over to JC Lewis tomorrow.​

OP
OP
Dlrsavannah

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There should be 2 part numbers on it a 6 digit one and a really long one. The 6 digit number is the manufactures number. Some of the distributors can cross refence them to a generic industrial gas spring.

https://www.gasspringsshop.com/how-to-find-the-part-number-of-your-stabilus-lift-o-mat-gas-spring/
The part number on the gas cylinder is no good...I found the correct one. Link if anybody might need one..
https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/ford-lift-cylinder-m2dz78515a60b

Now the question is if its covered by my Blue Advantage warranty.....I'm sure not going to pay the $1200 the dealer here wants for it nor the $800 on the link.

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the correct part. No idea why ford wants $1200 list per side for it.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Lift Support Gas Strut part number? Update 1714141865994-k6

The best one is this part here, ford wants $670 per side for a little piece of plastic.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Lift Support Gas Strut part number? Update 1714141945814-yc

The part number on the gas cylinder is no good...I found the correct one. Link if anybody might need one..
https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/ford-lift-cylinder-m2dz78515a60b

Now the question is if its covered by my Blue Advantage warranty.....I'm sure not going to pay the $1200 the dealer here wants for it nor the $800 on the link.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dlrsavannah

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is the correct part. No idea why ford wants $1200 list per side for it.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Lift Support Gas Strut part number? Update 1714141945814-yc

The best one is this part here, ford wants $670 per side for a little piece of plastic.
Yea, thats crazy. I can buy a nearly new soft top for under $1k on FB marketplace. Luckily it doesnt impede putting the top up or down but it does make it difficult to do. Left a few nice scratches on the bars.

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Dlrsavannah

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I found one Ebay for $87. Its an exact replacement, new out of the box from Ford. Its worth a shot for that price.

OP
OP
Dlrsavannah

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I recieved the gas cylinder from the seller on Ebay today and immediatley returned it. Turns out, the description the seller put on the ad was wrong (possibly on purpose) and listed it as for the soft top when in actuallity it was for the hard top rear glass or so thats what it looks like to me since the cylinder was a good bit smaller than the one for the soft top assisted lift. Not to mention, it was listed as new out of the box but with the wear and the fact it was frozen up kind of says its used and defective. It also appears Ford wont cover it under an extended warranty either. With all the soft tops for sale on FB for a much lower price, that seems to be the way to go. In the pic I've attached you see the soft top cylinder up top (mine) and the smaller, incorrect cylinder on bottom....gotta love it.

20240503_135215.jpg
Sponsored