First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Decided I would change from a 2door to a 4door soft top in hopes of maybe getting my Bronco sooner. Contacted salesman he says sure, when the guy that dose the ordering comes in he will have him change it. I don't hear anything back from him contact him again today tells me there order guy talked to Ford rep and switching to soft top will no longer speed things up. Anyone else heard anything like this?
Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the 2022 deliveries will let us know.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wasn't that long ago that FMC stated that ordering a soft top would continue to be the quickest way in obtaining a Bronco well into 2022.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it depends on how many soft tops are ahead of you at your dealer. If there are a lot of hard tops then you’ll jump the line, but if many ahead of you at your dealer switched to the soft top and the dealer only gets so many allocations, then it probably won’t matter too much. In my case, the salesperson at my dealership was unfortunately very proactive in letting customers know about the hard top delays and most heeded their warnings and switched to the soft top. Thus I’m still behind a lot of stop top orders and don’t have a build date yet with a 8/22/20 res for a soft top Bronco.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top in a snowy or rainy part of the US will get you front of line

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in western NY so....
I’m in rainy Pacific Northwest and my mid to
Large dealer said 85% of his MY21 orders are MIC. He also said reservations from 2020 have everyone thinking they are near or in the front of the line so they aren’t willing to switch.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the real answer is the allocation of the dealer. If they have little allocation switching to a soft top might not have that much of an effect.... but switching at a store with a larger allocation amount might impact it more.

I think you need t get a better idea of the volume of orders at the store, where you stand in that line now, and the percentage of hard tops ahead of you.

As a whole soft tops are still a faster route to build, but as everything, individual circumstances will vary.

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m in rainy Pacific Northwest and my mid to
Large dealer said 85% of his MY21 orders are MIC. He also said reservations from 2020 have everyone thinking they are near or in the front of the line so they aren’t willing to switch.
Original stats (IIRC) were 8% of orders were soft tops. After Ford begged and pleaded with everyone to change to softies, it went up to around 12%.

Honestly though, if I lived in a place with a lot of rain, I'm probably rather have a soft top, since there are a lot fewer seams.

If they offered a nice squared back soft top on the 2-Door, I'd change.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Original stats (IIRC) were 8% of orders were soft tops. After Ford begged and pleaded with everyone to change to softies, it went up to around 12%.

Honestly though, if I lived in a place with a lot of rain, I'm probably rather have a soft top, since there are a lot fewer seams.

If they offered a nice squared back soft top on the 2-Door, I'd change.
I think it’s just the stigma of people thinking soft top won’t hold up in rain or cold when I’m actuality it’s probably identical to hard top. Anyone who owns and arcteryx jacket knows material can be magical. Then it just comes down looks. The HT looks so much better, but I’d rather have my bronco now so I switched this week.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the 12/20 build week, and all the people with hard tops seem to be getting their builds bumped, but those with soft tops are holding.

So, biased sample and shorter outlook, but for now soft top seems the safer and faster route.
Sponsored