Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back on topic....the wiring is a big who cares to me. I won't hook them up anyway. Just to wash the window? Do it at the pump.

I am now re-considering going from just a pure soft top, which I've grown fond of, to the dual so that winter might be nicer.....but would jump if it would come in white. Around here, we can maybe run the softie from late April thru most of Oct some years....the opening rear side windows on the hardtop let me move some air on nice days and pull the top for super nice days....seems like a good bet cover. But this is getting expensive. A LOADED Badlands is 10-12k less, but you need to add a Sawzall for the top removal.
I use the rear defroster more than the wiper, but since they are all in the same wiring harness, I'll use both. The expense is the real issue. This is putting up in the same price point as the First Edition.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I use the rear defroster more than the wiper, but since they are all in the same wiring harness, I'll use both. The expense is the real issue. This is putting up in the same price point as the First Edition.
Yeah, initially I was aiming for a used Glad for mid to high 30's....my BD build was 46k, now getting near 50k if I add the mod top, BEFORE tax and ESP!! Baby Bronc loaded is 38k.....am I willing to settle? This will likely be the last truck I buy. Oh, can't call Baby a truck, can we?

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Ford, dual top options for both 2dr/4dr

Jeep offers it, why can't you? I'll wait on Mello Yello, Grape Fanta and Surge, but why not dual tops, it'd be a win/win
There was a post last week where a bronco body shell was being shipped to Mexico for the creation/fitting of 2 door soft tops.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm trying to find out about this as well, seems stupid not to include all the wiring and plumbing, can't cost that much extra and makes a later switch to hard top much easier (and cheaper). Never understood why Jeep doesn't include it all.
From Ford I've seen different answers (and photos/videos), I asked my sales person to also try and find out more about this. I'd definitely order dual top if that's the only way to get the wiring etc, even though I'd really rather not have to store one or the other top all the time.

rbinko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got the soft top but it came with wires and plugs for the hard top. There are wires for wiper fluid and defroster. I haven't tried to use them so I am not sure if they work. I am curious how to get my hands on a hard top. Does anyone know? I am in Arizona.
Thanks!

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you replied to a thread that’s over a year old. Ford changed the configuration and has included the connections for awhile now.

Hard Top - you can wait for the aftermarket to catch up or wait for the MIC to become available thru dealers. Another post here said the MIC Top 2.0 received as a replacement was priced in the 8K range.

It will be some time until Bronco hard tops align with Jeep prices.
Sponsored