Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With all the MIC news last week, all I heard was “soft top orders will be placed sooner”. How much sooner? We know MIC is MY22 but will soft tops be guaranteed a MY21? Anyone hear about this? Thanks!
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford never said anything about guaranteeing soft top builds and would have been very foolish to do so. They said you have a much better chance of getting your Bronco in 21 if you switched to a soft top.

Edited to include relevant text from Ford email.
Ford Bronco Soft top orders guaranteed 2021? Screenshot_20210814-081604

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. If you are not scheduled already, they guarantee that unless you go with a soft top, you are not getting a 2021.

That is a far cry from guaranteeing you will get a 2021 with a soft top.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yah, no way to guarantee that. The only "firm" delivery year given is for FE's, to be delivered in 2021. Everything else is "as available"

Sponsored
OP
OP
Redrooster33

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I missed anything. Appreciate the confirmation! I’m also wondering how many people converted to soft from hard that will jump in front of me in line because of reservation date. All we can do is wait it out…

Big AZ

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy 150o silverado z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how many build weeks are left to schedule before the cut off for MY 21
And if, I said if, they were to build at full capacity, how many units are we talking?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So how many build weeks are left to schedule before the cut off for MY 21
And if, I said if, they were to build at full capacity, how many units are we talking?
Model year switch over happens I believe the second week of December, so they will build model year 21 up until that point

Big AZ

Badlands
First Name
adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy 150o silverado z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Model year switch over happens I believe the second week of December, so they will build model year 21 up until that point
But when is the next dates available for build?
Sept or October

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 Thursdays left to get a Sept build date. After that I’m guessing Oct will be for all FEs, Nov to fix all the one stuck at MAP, then Dec will start MY22 production.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if I missed anything. Appreciate the confirmation! I’m also wondering how many people converted to soft from hard that will jump in front of me in line because of reservation date. All we can do is wait it out…
I personally asked my dealer.

They believe they said they had ~140 orders originally. Only 3 were soft top. After the announcement, 5 orders converted to soft top, and a dozen or so orders canceled.

They also had a handful of people place a second reservation. The goal would be to get a soft top this year, then trade in their soft top Bronco once the Bronco they really want comes in next year/year after. Kind of an interesting idea.

Thus far my dealer has only gotten two Broncos (one being the demo unit) even though they’ve been allocated a couple dozen builds for 2021.

I wouldn’t use my dealer as a model for the country necessarily—I’m in New England so I would expect orders in New England to heavily skew towards hard top thanks to the winter snow. But given that Ford keeps pushing the soft top, it does make me think that the vast majority of people are sticking with their original orders.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 Thursdays left to get a Sept build date. After that I’m guessing Oct will be for all FEs, Nov to fix all the one stuck at MAP, then Dec will start MY22 production.
September is definitely the month to get the soft tops cranked out. At 2,500 a week, they can probably sprinkle in some more soft tops in October and still do the remaining FEs. My guess is they will run the purgatory broncos through some type of top only process away from the production line. I like your thinking.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally asked my dealer.

They believe they said they had ~140 orders originally. Only 3 were soft top. After the announcement, 5 orders converted to soft top, and a dozen or so orders canceled.

They also had a handful of people place a second reservation. The goal would be to get a soft top this year, then trade in their soft top Bronco once the Bronco they really want comes in next year/year after. Kind of an interesting idea.

Thus far my dealer has only gotten two Broncos (one being the demo unit) even though they’ve been allocated a couple dozen builds for 2021.

I wouldn’t use my dealer as a model for the country necessarily—I’m in New England so I would expect orders in New England to heavily skew towards hard top thanks to the winter snow. But given that Ford keeps pushing the soft top, it does make me think that the vast majority of people are sticking with their original orders.
Which dealer did you use? I'm in Massachusetts and used Lam Ford in East Brookfield
Sponsored