Soft Top Owners, How Are You Liking It?

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Current soft top owners, how are you liking it so far?

I am really torn on which way to go. In particular, I’d be interested to know how the lift-style opening at the rear is working IRL. I overland my rigs, and often work out of the back in the evenings, cooking dinner and whatnot. My concern is that the inability to flip up the rear plastic window could be a challenge.

I’d be curious to hear from actual owners, not just people who have played with the soft top on a test drive. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate everything about it, honestly... I have never used it, I will (very likely) never use it. I'd have preferred a fixed hard top.

The soft top has nothing but negatives for me. I live in a climate that has severe winters, the soft top is not ideal for that (IMO). No rear defrost, no rear wiper and the plastic windows will likely not stand up to snow removal, but time will tell.
As you say, not being able to flip up the rear of the soft top is a negative, but from talking with some jeep drivers, they say their soft tops have a fixed bar above the rear door so they appreciated the fact the back of the soft top was hinged and could be lifted up.

For other people it is quite likely brilliant. I'm just not someone who cares about having a convertible roof on a vehicle.

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I relented to a soft top. All the way back, it's awesome. When it's up, it's functional but not my favorite part of the vehicle. It's not hard to operate. I live in a cold climate in the winter state, so time will tell but I do love the convertible feature. I'll get a hard top eventually for winters. All the way back does impede access to the back but it's a very simple move to flip it back up.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I freaking love mine but I was a soft top from the get go and never even considered a hard top. As far as the propping up in back to get to things I actually do like this feature. My wife has a Wrangler and I have to Tetris like stack things when loading. Bronco hair don’t care!!!

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love my soft top. So glad I switched from a hard top. So easy to open and really don't even notice road noise. Not really concerned with winter since there's this new technology in cars called a heater and this other thing called a winter jacket

zznalg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We just picked up our 4 door soft top two days ago. I've also been concerned about access to the back. Today, I noticed that there are clips on either side of the solid bar that secures the bottom of the rear window. If the rear window is removed, do these clips remove that bar?

NavynutZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft top is great. however, I live in San Diego so the weather is always good. only way to go for me is with the soft top. The open air experience is awesome

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just picked up our 4 door soft top two days ago. I've also been concerned about access to the back. Today, I noticed that there are clips on either side of the solid bar that secures the bottom of the rear window. If the rear window is removed, do these clips remove that bar?
I assume you're talking about the clips to pivot the rear upwards, if so, then no they do not remove the bar.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft top is great. however, I live in San Diego so the weather is always good. only way to go for me is with the soft top. The open air experience is awesome
Don't you need a top that seals to keep all the smoke out? :)

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Soft Top Owners, How Are You Liking It? 44A3F74D-D822-4B94-ADF6-4B2989226A58

Love at first sight. I have only had soft top convertibles for the past 10 years.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely love it. So easy to use and the lift-up rear is really useful. The way it folds back is pretty brilliant engineering. I understand that those who are unfamiliar with 4x4 soft tops may not like it, but it's seriously the best top of this type ever.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you say, not being able to flip up the rear of the soft top is a negative, but from talking with some jeep drivers, they say their soft tops have a fixed bar above the rear door so they appreciated the fact the back of the soft top was hinged and could be lifted up.
You can't flip up the rear of the soft top in a current Jeep like you can on a Bronco. In older Jeeps you could unzip the rear except for the to and roll it up, but that's not a thing anymore.
Sponsored