First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love the Cloth Top. Only way I would want a Hard Top would be if it folded up and stored on board.
Sponsored

Tmite

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switched from hard top too soft so I could get mine this year. Love it and no issues honestly. My only concern always is theft and security. Im still going to eventually get a hard top because I want that options for camping and roof top gear. But I could see me using this soft top every spring and fall.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say driving without a top and no cross beam is GLORIOUS. Unlike anything I've experienced in a production vehicle in my life.
this right there, on reveal night once I saw there is no "sports bar" above my head I was immediately sold and spent the next hour or two trying to get into the damn website, LOL.
Mine should be at my dealer within the next couple of days, can't wait to enjoy the gorgeous fall weather with no roof!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But no roof rack, how are you going the tote your kayak? Or anything long in a camping trip.
I'll be getting an inflatable kayak eventually, much easier to store at home, and won't carry any long things camping. I don't like the look of roof racks and getting stuff up there on a Badsquatch would be a PITA anyways. Just not my thing. I'll get the modular yakima bike/cargo carrier for the hitch if I need more room for stuff. But I'm not into glamping and bringing half the house with me anyways, usually don't even cook out in the wild. Do that every day at home.

Zap74

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a big fan. I like it way more than I expected. I just wish the back lifted another 6” or so. Wonder if some aftermarket kickstands are in the works. Can’t see why that would cause any issues.
The is a metal piece on the hinge that acts like a stop for the lifting of the back. I want to play with it more to get more lift!

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate everything about it, honestly... I have never used it, I will (very likely) never use it. I'd have preferred a fixed hard top.

The soft top has nothing but negatives for me. I live in a climate that has severe winters, the soft top is not ideal for that (IMO). No rear defrost, no rear wiper and the plastic windows will likely not stand up to snow removal, but time will tell.
As you say, not being able to flip up the rear of the soft top is a negative, but from talking with some jeep drivers, they say their soft tops have a fixed bar above the rear door so they appreciated the fact the back of the soft top was hinged and could be lifted up.

For other people it is quite likely brilliant. I'm just not someone who cares about having a convertible roof on a vehicle.
Which is exactly what I didn’t fall for their switch to a soft top bullshit. My bronco is still on dirt mountain but get what I want

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People hating on it in this thread don’t even have a soft top Bronco. :LOL: Kind of hard to have an opinion about something don’t own. Jealous hard top owners for you.
Thread summary:

1) People who have a soft top love it*
2) People who don't have a soft top hate it

*except for that one guy who isn't interested in removing a top at all

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was originally a hardtop order, then switched to get it this year. I've got about 500 miles on my Softtop and have driven our 2 door Mannequin quite a bit so I've been in both (both Sasquatch).

I don't have a lot of concern about heat, heaters are good enough that won't be an issue. For snow I'm not as worried as I was when I ordered. I find the back window isn't very useable, with the back seats and 35" tire on the door, you can't see well anyway. With the softtop folded, all you can see is the tops of pickups. This isn't a big deal since the drivers mirror is AWSOME. It's huge and you can see behind very well. Passenger mirror is OK, but is a closer than appears mirror.

Noise is SLIGHTLY better on the hardtop, tire noise is about the same. Wind noise is SLIGHTLY better on hardtop, only place I'd say the hardtop has a big win is noise from other vehicles (passing a semi for example).

Access to the rear is livable on the softtop, but not great, Hardtop flip up window is much better. Dual latches and kickstand are awkward and if your hands are full you have to set things down before you flip it up. However the swinggate in general isn't as functional as a liftgate so I'm not sure I could load a cooler without opening the gate first anyway.

Also I've washed it twice and the plastic windows are already showing microscratches so appearance isn't going to be as good as glass.

Now where the softtop shines is as a convertible. I love having the top up windows out with the doors off. It makes wind noise much better, offers sun protection, this is the way I think our Bronco will be used in good weather.

So to sum up, I never considered a softtop, but now that I've had one, I'll either have Softtop or dual tops on all my future Broncos. If I could get a softop with glass windows, that would be my dream top.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

People hating on it in this thread don’t even have a soft top Bronco. :LOL: Kind of hard to have an opinion about something you don’t own. Jealous hard top owners for you.
The anger people have towards people with other configurations is so .... Puzzling? Nonsensical?

It's like arguing with a person who likes vanilla ice cream because you love chocolate ice cream.

Sponsored

Sulleyy

Black Diamond
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pickens Party of 5 on Youtube has several really good reviews of the top! I switched to soft to get it sooner and I am very nervous to see how it goes. After watching her videos I am a little more confident.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bumping an old thread. Anyone have updates?

Also what is it like for telephone calls with the top buttoned up? I do some work calls while driving.

With the drama of current allocations hurting smaller dealers, I'm tempted to pull the plug on the MIC and go with the soft top.

Colt Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's pretty quiet with the top up around town. Phone calls are not a problem. Interstate is a little louder but not as loud as I thought it would be. Phone calls are still not a problem at highway speeds. If you have the top flipped back though... es no bueno.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Top closed and windows up, regardless of speed, no problem.

Top closed and all windows down, fine around town, say, below 45. Freeway speed, need to bring the fronts up to within an inch to have a conversation.

With top flipped back but not all the way down and side windows down, tough to talk as there is a lot of noise.

With top flipped back but not all the way down and side windows up, no problem at all.

Haven't tried top all the way down yet.

This is with my wife's base 4-door auto.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been hanging with the MIC this whole time. I'm not sure I can handle the continued drama, so I'm 99% certain I'll dive into a soft top once the MY22 order banks open up.

Thanks for the feedback...keep it coming.
Sponsored