Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very pleased with the soft top on my Wildtrak, but I have ordered an Advanced Fiberglass Concepts @ADV Fiberglass one piece hard top for the Colorado winters.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Owners, How Are You Liking It? Screen Back Ground Bronco
Sponsored

Last edited:

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

might have replied in this thread before, I still love my soft top, you could not give me a MIC top for free. So easy to open and close, I do it for a 1 mile drive to the store. I'd never fiddle with the panels for that.
And if I park in the sun I just flip it back closed to keep the MGV seats in the shade, as they like to go nuclear melt down after just a bit in the sun. Or if the fog rolls into the Bay Area and temps drop by 40+ degrees, I got my roof with me to button things back up.
I only folded it all the way down once, not really worth it for me, doesn't change a thing on the front seats, barely on the rear seats, and I like to keep my dog in the back in the shade.

Only reasons I can see right now that would ever have me consider a hard top is a powered roof like the Sky One or what it's called on the Wrangler, or if I ever would plan on an extended overland trip, an Ursa Minor top with the built in RTT you can access from inside the truck. Don't see any other reasons.

Soft top is also not any less secure ans the MIC, most cars that get broken into have glass windows, by a wide margin. Cutting the rear side windows doesn't really give you any access with all the bracing for the roof mechanics, and from the rear you have a giant tire in the way, still easier to pop a front window. And cutting into the top won't ever happen unless some 8ft tall guy with a foot stool comes by, LOL.

Could it look "better"? Sure, anything can. Doe the looks bother me? Not one bit, love the retro vibe. And with the AIG lift assist in the back, loading the dog or groceries or luggage is a breeze.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will post a review after I receive it and see if it's worth the price.
That will be one highly viewed post.... And I didnt answer the post, I love my soft top... especially since it has been hanging from my garage ceiling for the last month. Did get caught in the rain today... glad I have MGV seats!

Sponsored

Kirb46

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
does anyone have to use some force to install the side panels when closing the soft top? I felt like I was doing it incorrectly since I really had to pull to latch the rear sides in.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s just alright so far. Solid in rainy conditions and easy to operate. I wish it had some rubber on the articulating support struts to avoid scratching the roll bars while setting it all the way back to the “accordion” position. I haven’t damaged mine (yet 🤞) but I’ve seen plenty of owners who have.

I wish it was styled more like the slant back option from Bestop though. Such a visual upgrade in almost every way. Setting the OEM soft top all the way back is kinda overrated when it also eliminates visibility out the rear of the vehicle.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does anyone have to use some force to install the side panels when closing the soft top? I felt like I was doing it incorrectly since I really had to pull to latch the rear sides in.
Are you latching the front shut before putting the side panels in? That was my mistake at first…..but after dozens of times with mine so far it’s still a decent amount of pull to get the rears in. You’re not alone, it gets easier.

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Current soft top owners, how are you liking it so far?

I am really torn on which way to go. In particular, I’d be interested to know how the lift-style opening at the rear is working IRL. I overland my rigs, and often work out of the back in the evenings, cooking dinner and whatnot. My concern is that the inability to flip up the rear plastic window could be a challenge.

I’d be curious to hear from actual owners, not just people who have played with the soft top on a test drive. Thanks in advance.
I absolutely HATE the soft top for the Bronco. I can't stress that enough. The design of the upper clasps for the windows is absolutely idiotic. You cant clasp the clasps unless your hands are jammed into the place where you are trying squeeze the opening together to close it up. Imagine having a storage trunk with all the closure latches on the inside of the trunk. It has literally no weather seal along the entire top where the top meets the upper edges of the frame and windows. With the soft top closed latched etc., you can literally stick your hand outside of the top nearly everywhere but at the windshield. The Velcro closure at the top of the rear window literally doesn't line up with the opposing Velcro so is almost entirely useless. The plastic windows should have zippers like the Jeep soft top. I had a soft top JK Jeep for 12 years, and honestly, as much as I love the Bronco, this soft top makes me hate it so much that I wonder if I should have just gone with a Jeep. Not kidding. Taking the top all the way down is a breeze, but closing it back up is an absolutely infuriating process. I'm Definitely replacing it with an aftermarket top as soon as I can.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Week two. I want a sky active one touch but this is a petty sweet alternative until one comes out.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Owners, How Are You Liking It? D840BC04-69FC-4F92-A7B9-518D2B26C684

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I absolutely HATE the soft top for the Bronco. I can't stress that enough. The design of the upper clasps for the windows is absolutely idiotic. You cant clasp the clasps unless your hands are jammed into the place where you are trying squeeze the opening together to close it up. Imagine having a storage trunk with all the closure latches on the inside of the trunk.
After some fiddling (and frustration), I've discovered that I can get the 4 buckles snapped on the rear window if I reach in from underneath the window and pull down on the flap from the top that has the buckles on them. Makes it much easier on the fingers and less frustrating!

This requires the tailgate to be open and you to have reasonably long arms though. Made what was a 20 minute job a 10 minute one.

I also reach inside and pull up on the tops of the side windows to velcro them - this eliminates *some* of the wavyness.

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can also get these gas struts to make the back lift hing pretty much effortless. It makes access to the rear cargo easier much simpler and you don't have to worry about using the kickstand!

soft top struts

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can also get these gas struts to make the back lift hing pretty much effortless. It makes access to the rear cargo easier much simpler and you don't have to worry about using the kickstand!

soft top struts
Yeah, haven't had too much issue with lifting it, but those would still make it easier no doubt. Only one time I had trouble because I was in a tight spot and just couldn't get the leverage I needed. But that was my own fault. 99% of the time it's fine. The stretch would definitely make it easier to lift it without pushing in on it, which can scratch the role bar.

Rockett

Big Bend
First Name
Rockett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love having the soft top. I even changed my badlands order to a soft top. It’s so easy to put it down. I live in the Deep South and we don’t get a lot of cold weather so even in the winter I’ll likely have the top down just to make a 1 mile grocery run.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We love our soft top. It’s so easy to flip open to the first position and not too hard to open it all the way. The rear flip up is good - it would be nice if it opened a bit higher, but it is definitely useable. You can get gas struts to eliminate the prop rod (haven’t dime that yet). I wish it had glass windows, but other than that, we love it.
Sponsored