Sponsored

Soft top owners - how are you washing your bronco?

Gcardieri

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone here confirm that you can take the soft top through a regular car wash? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a touch-less car wash.
Sponsored

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can anyone here confirm that you can take the soft top through a regular car wash? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a touch-less car wash.
@Gcardieri i have gone through a regular track car wash and have had ZERO issues. I added 33s and a 2in leveling kit to my base Bronco. No leaks no scares. Just be aware that when you open that door after to get out for a wipe down that water WILL drip in right by your left knee. Also the top will be soaked so take a towel to it to get as much water out as possible.

Gcardieri

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Gcardieri i have gone through a regular track car wash and have had ZERO issues. I added 33s and a 2in leveling kit to my base Bronco. No leaks no scares. Just be aware that when you open that door after to get out for a wipe down that water WILL drip in right by your left knee. Also the top will be soaked so take a towel to it to get as much water out as possible.
Perfect- thank you!

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m curious too. A previous thread had a general consensus that we shouldn’t. Obviously never for those with brushes. Also never with guide tracks (that pull your Bronco through the car wash) if you have Sasquatch.

But I want to know if any B6G member has taken a soft top through a touch-less, self drive car wash and noticed any damage or problem.
I have taken my Soft Top through a drive in touchless car wash a few times and everything went very well. I only choose the cheapest wash that just does the soap wash and rinse. All the other options would put that Clear Coat stuff on it and I can't imagine that would be good for it so I don't do it.

mitchxc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We've just been extra careful and don't do any of the automatic ones. There's a place that has the bays and we just use the sprayer and go light on the brush because I'm worried about the soft top windows. Probably being overly cautious since others have gone through automatic with no issue but I'm just too scared right now!

Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've just been going to the coin op and using the pressure washer. Not really soap and contact washing, just a lot of pressure spray.

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m curious too. A previous thread had a general consensus that we shouldn’t. Obviously never for those with brushes. Also never with guide tracks (that pull your Bronco through the car wash) if you have Sasquatch.

But I want to know if any B6G member has taken a soft top through a touch-less, self drive car wash and noticed any damage or problem.
Brushes are fine! I have an unlimited subscription to the local automatic car wash - it is not touchless, there are sponges and brushes that whip around. It is not an issue at all for the soft top, and I get it washed 2-3 times a week.

I got fender deletes, so the New England road salt gets all over the sides. Sometimes I go through the wash tunnel once a day. No leaks, no streaks on the plastic windows, all good.

One caveat, I did manually wipe the back window of the soft top once when it was covered with road salt and could see some streaking / scratching. I won't do that again - got some soft top window polish too.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft tops can be washed just like the rest of the car. However, if you don’t want to be most of the guys in this thread when they start wondering why their top is fading after only a year or 2, I’d suggest not getting soap on the top fabric at all. Think of the fabric like a sponge. It’ll soak in everything including soap which is just gonna fade it overtime. Skip the foam cannon since it tends to get everywhere, and only pre rinse then sponge wash the glass and paint.

Leilani

Big Bend
First Name
Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We've just been extra careful and don't do any of the automatic ones. There's a place that has the bays and we just use the sprayer and go light on the brush because I'm worried about the soft top windows. Probably being overly cautious since others have gone through automatic with no issue but I'm just too scared right now!

You are wise, I found out the hard way that the brushes scratch the windows on soft top :{
Sponsored