First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
has anyone seen a photo of the 4 door Bronco with a soft top and how it works? is it similiar to the wrangler?(fold down) all I see is hard tops and i am not interested in a Hard top
Sponsored

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s my question too. I saw that Best Top is making the sun rider option for the front hardtop panel when they released the Rapid Red OBX accessory info, pics, and video with the ride along. I’m hoping that Best Top is making all the soft tops for Bronco and it operates the way the JL Supertop Ultra and Trektop options operate!

https://www.bestop.com/supertop-ultra-for-jl/

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love love love this look and function. As soon as I saw these pics a few weeks ago I knew I was sold on the soft top. Especially considering the hardtop is not black and only gray or body color.

I can picture myself now, pulling off all four doors, and stowing them in the cargo area, then taking out the cargo windows, and laying the whole roof back if I want to. Then, if it rains or gets cold at night, I can seal it all back up like normal.

CANT WAIT!!

The best shot I have seen is this one where you can see the pivot points on the 4 door which should support folding it back. The one item I have not seen a lot of info on is if you need to completely remove the rear and side windows in the cargo compartment before you do it.

1598964514003.png

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
has anyone seen a photo of the 4 door Bronco with a soft top and how it works? is it similiar to the wrangler?(fold down) all I see is hard tops and i am not interested in a Hard top
Yes, I would also like to see more detailed pic's/video of the top actually being operated. We've seen the same of HT panels being removed, why is Ford being so closed about the softie? Going to suck if we have to wait until reviewers get their hands on them (and whatever related embargo is lifted) to see something like that as it will most likely be long past the window for converting our reservations to orders.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I would also like to see more detailed pic's/video of the top actually being operated. We've seen the same of HT panels being removed, why is Ford being so closed about the softie? Going to suck if we have to wait until reviewers get their hands on them (and whatever related embargo is lifted) to see something like that as it will most likely be long past the window for converting our reservations to orders.
Well Ive seen the pics of the soft top up and folded and I don't think there's a lot to it.

Top up.

Top up with cargo windows out like pictured here.

Top Down. Other thread titled soft top with pics of that. I imagine it just un buckles from the front and folds back.

Top off.

Not much else to see really.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Ive seen the pics of the soft top up and folded and I don't think there's a lot to it.

Top up.

Top Down. Other thread titled soft top with pics of that. I imagine it just un buckles from the front and folds back.

Top off.

Wow, I feel like we have seen none of it. No good videos or shots of it, or how it works. One of the biggest questions out there.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know its CGI but that looks GOOD

Ford Bronco Soft Top pics? Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 9.42.52 AM

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just curious where he was carrying that surf board - there is no roof rack.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
just curious where he was carrying that surf board - there is no roof rack.
Across the back seats, that's why the door are off. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Top up.

Top off.

How does one remove/reinstall the windows?
How does one remove/reinstall the rear "glass" (top) panel?
What types of storage systems exist for the removed pieces?
How is the top secured when fully folded down?
The kinds of stuff it's easy to see with the Jeep - both the pro's and con's - is all I'd like to see for the Bronco soft top. A few static pictures of top up / top down and guessing how it works doesn't do jack for me, but that's me.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does one remove/reinstall the windows?
How does one remove/reinstall the rear "glass" (top) panel?
What types of storage systems exist for the removed pieces?
How is the top secured when fully folded down?
The kinds of stuff it's easy to see with the Jeep - both the pro's and con's - is all I'd like to see for the Bronco soft top. A few static pictures of top up / top down and guessing how it works doesn't do jack for me, but that's me.

I guess you haven't owned a soft top before, they aren't very complex and there's no need to reinvent the wheel here.

No glass in the soft top, cargo and rear window are one large piece that probably zips in on top, and has a plastic lip that folds underneath another lip on the body, below. Just fold it up and toss it in the back when its out.

Probably a latch or something to keep the top from bouncing when folded down?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I've owned soft tops - much older vehicles where they were all a pain in the ass. There's a reason I put glass in quote marks, to distinguish I know it isn't glass. Probably zips on top . . . probably a latch or something . . . man that's really nailing it down. I sure as hell hope it does NOT use zippers, they suck bigtime and especially when it's cold and/or wet. I'd hope something more current like what is in the Wrangler but, hopefully, better with the time to apply lessons learned . . . and I'm guessing this is "probably" a joint venture with Bestop so that seems likely . . . but I guess we'll "probably" learn more down the road. Probably . . . or something.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess you haven't owned a soft top before, they aren't very complex and there's no need to reinvent the wheel here.
I was hoping they did reinvent the wheel here....the Jeep tops aren't very good in general. I was hoping for innovation that creativity that makes them better, like other modern soft tops besides Jeep's.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess I’m just not looking for much out of the soft top. As long as it keeps the rain and heat off my head and can fold back every now and then, I’m good.
Sponsored