PabstG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my Bronco for about a month now. I've noticed (to the point where I'm annoyed and can't un-notice) that when I have the soft top flipped all the way back that the passenger side rattles slightly because it doesn't latch down as snugly as on the driver side (no rattle from driver side). When I flip the top back, I make sure the passenger side is also latched down, but there is noticeably more 'give' than on the driver side that results in the noise. I know that when the top is halfway back Ford provided the straps to prevent rattle, but I didn't expect to have to use them with the top all the way back. Anyone else have the same issue? Certainly could be user error and I'm honestly hoping it is. The dealership said I could make an appointment for them to take a look, but it would likely be 4+ weeks from now...
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd just use the Velcro straps any time the tops is back in either position. In the Pickens Party of 5 video, they had it all the way back and it was jumping up and down like crazy. So the latches must not be to robust.

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2017 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my Bronco for about a month now. I've noticed (to the point where I'm annoyed and can't un-notice) that when I have the soft top flipped all the way back that the passenger side rattles slightly because it doesn't latch down as snugly as on the driver side (no rattle from driver side). When I flip the top back, I make sure the passenger side is also latched down, but there is noticeably more 'give' than on the driver side that results in the noise. I know that when the top is halfway back Ford provided the straps to prevent rattle, but I didn't expect to have to use them with the top all the way back. Anyone else have the same issue? Certainly could be user error and I'm honestly hoping it is. The dealership said I could make an appointment for them to take a look, but it would likely be 4+ weeks from now...
I have this EXACT same problem. I sent a video to my dealer and said I'd like it looked at next time I bring it in. I'm not sure I want to wait that long, however.

EDIT: Here's a video of the issue. It may not seem bad from this, but when you're driving it's "clanks" like that non-stop.

Last edited:

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to a strap that goes all the way around the center behind the third brake light. Much more secure.
I tried to strap down the loose side with the provided straps but it didn't seem to do much. I ordered some longer ones from Amazon and I'll see if it makes a difference.

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All you folks using straps when the top is all the way down.....do they hold the top down enough to use the rear view mirror?

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same on our obx. I don't think its the loose arms. I think it's where the soft top frame mounts to the body frame. Our's squeaks. It's even starting to rattle in the fully closed position.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do not have any picture handy but had this happen to me as well. There is a stop that the top rests against when in the all the way back position. On the drivers side it is pulled tight against this. on the passenger side there is a little slop that causes some rattling. I put a small chunk of adhesive back felt on that stop to snug up the fit. It would be just behind the C pillar on the passenger side where the top stacks on top of eachother. I have the sides on the Bronco now. I will see if I can potentially get a picture of it this weekend.

Sponsored

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same problem with my 4dr bd It’s def on the passenger side I’ve added some small pieces of felt adhesive in between the frame and that helped a lot. Took it by dealer (not the one I purchased from )they said it was a convertible and that’s natural. Whatever Prob going to keep trying with the felt until noise is completely gone

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same problem with my 4dr bd It’s def on the passenger side I’ve added some small pieces of felt adhesive in between the frame and that helped a lot. Took it by dealer (not the one I purchased from )they said it was a convertible and that’s natural. Whatever Prob going to keep trying with the felt until noise is completely gone
See my video above. That can’t be normal. I ended up buying some black straps on Amazon that fixed the issue.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
See my video above. That can’t be normal. I ended up buying some black straps on Amazon that fixed the issue.
Thanks I’ll take a look I didn’t think so either Had mine for about a month and just started rattlin a few days ago 1400 miles on it haven’t been off road yet either (not that that should matter)

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks I’ll take a look I didn’t think so either Had mine for about a month and just started rattlin a few days ago 1400 miles on it haven’t been off road yet either (not that that should matter)
I’ve only got 175 miles on mine.

schlava

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haaa you'll love this. So I'm looking around for a buddy for a on the lot Bronco(unicorn right?!) I found one and the dealer called me. I mentioned I was surprised that he had so many on the lot and I asked if he had a bunch of customers back out of their orders. His response.......they had employee's do customer orders so that the dealer could get them on the lot! What a crock of shit in my opinion!
Sponsored