Sponsored

Soft Top Roof Rack Prototype -- any interest in this?

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely interested!
Sponsored

bennybronco

Wildtrak
First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep WRangler JK Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely interested. Love the pivot loading idea. A lot easier then climbing on a slippery tire in the snow to load up the skiis.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft Top Roof Rack Prototype

Not for sale yet, just seeing if there's interest.. Mostly designed for people like me. Skis/Snowboards to the slopes, Surf Boards to the beach, Camping Gear or Luggage. 80 lbs max.
Meant for Urban / Suburban 95% on road driving.

Made out of necessity. 4 people on a ski trip last winter with no place to put the gear. No options for racks.
These are Prototype Roof Rack and Tire Mounted Rack.
Test Drove over 4000 miles NY to Smokey Mountains then NY to LA.
80Mph with 80Lbs through Kansas no problems. PERFORMED BETTER THAN EXPECTED.
Stopped at the Bronco Celebration Colorado, Drove the Mosquito Pass with 40LBS no problems lots of compliments. We drove off road even though I specifically state on my website its not intended for off roading or overloading, we figured we try.
We had great success, we even won an award at the SuperCel. Drove Pikes Peak. Drove The Mojave Deserts bouncy as hell roads.

Attaches using existing bolt hole, no vehicle modification needed. Sticky back plastic pillar protector attaches behind rear windows on the pillar. Keeps the friction of the bumper off actual vehicle parts. After 4000 miles and lots of dirty roads ZERO damage done. VHB tape peals off 100% clean.

We plan to post more on instagram

If there's enough interest we will manufacture them.

Passed the initial patent search and submitted drawings as of 2 months ago.

www.22winty..com
instagram 22_winty

0.jpeg

tempImageWtMPlY.png

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

9.jpeg
I like it a lot, and probably am on the road 95%, but I also try to go off-road (crawling) a few times a year and need something that’s fine for that too.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

interested as well

nut only if it works with all windows in place. First trip to ski slope will convince you that a side windows must be removed to use design is pretty but not practical

Grift3r

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not for sale yet, just seeing if there's interest.. Mostly designed for people like me. Skis/Snowboards to the slopes, Surf Boards to the beach, Camping Gear or Luggage. 80 lbs max.

Made out of necessity. 4 people on a ski trip last winter with no place to put the gear. No options for racks.
Stopped at the Bronco Celebration Colorado, Drove the Mosquito Pass with 40LBS no problems lots of compliments. We drove off road even though I specifically state on my website its not intended for off roading or overloading, we figured we try.
We had great success, we even won an award at the SuperCel. Drove Pikes Peak. Drove The Mojave Deserts bouncy as hell roads.

Attaches using existing bolt hole, no vehicle modification needed. Sticky back plastic pillar protector attaches behind rear windows on the pillar. Keeps the friction of the bumper off actual vehicle parts. After 4000 miles and lots of dirty roads ZERO damage done. VHB tape peals off 100% clean.

www.22winty..com
instagram 22_winty

0.jpeg

tempImageWtMPlY.png

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

9.jpeg
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 135 JB4 2021 Bronco Badlands JB4.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely in the market for something like this 👌🏻

Working on it!
Apparently making the prototype was the easy part for me.
We've already passed the initial patent search and plans have been submitted to the US and international Patent office over a month ago......manufacturing and sales is next.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely fills a need and a niche.
I will be eagerly awaiting updates on this.
All the usual suspects:
Price
Lead time
off-road testing (rattle/wear damage factor)

Keep us posted!
Nice to see something, finally, that allows you to use your ST in case of a sudden rain or a week-long camping trip with all kinds of weather changes while not being static-mounted or a giant Exo-cage.

OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

interested as well

nut only if it works with all windows in place. First trip to ski slope will convince you that a side windows must be removed to use design is pretty but not practical

Of course it works with the windows in or out!

The rear window can be removed/installed with the rack in its down position.
The side windows can be removed/installed with the rack in the tilted back position and the rear window cross bar unlatched.

Or for easiest access remove all "4 Hand Knobs" and the roof rack slides/lifts right off .

There are better pics at 22winty.com
and on Instagram. 22_Winty

I plan to post more here now that Im allowed.

Where to put the removed windows is between you and ford!
The rear wind with the pillars won't store in the vehicle it is too wide even with the pillars folded on top of itself. It's a drag.

Sponsored
OP
OP
22winty

22winty

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely fills a need and a niche.
I will be eagerly awaiting updates on this.
All the usual suspects:
Price
Lead time
off-road testing (rattle/wear damage factor)

Keep us posted!
Nice to see something, finally, that allows you to use your ST in case of a sudden rain or a week-long camping trip with all kinds of weather changes while not being static-mounted or a giant Exo-cage.

We Drove x country no rattles, squeaks or whistleing even at 80 mph across Kansas. The soft top did its "side wind dance" a few times but that's not rack related....

We Stopped at the Bronco Celebration and drove the Mosquito pass without issue. We then Drove through the Mojave and even on the washboard dirt roads we we were thrilled with how well it held up...It was only about 40lbs of cargo and even though it was a success I clearly state on 22winry.com that its for road use mostly. There are unfortunate limitations. light weight for easy of tilting VS Overlanding and off roading abuse.

For me 80 lbs of skis or snowboards or surfboards or luggage is plenty. I bet for most future owners it is as well

It did perform surprisingly well. It jitters, like the entire bronco at time but its instant recovery was impressive. It was dusty as fuck and even with all the hard rocky trails there was NO damage or wear on the Bronco or Rack
It was amazing.
There is obviously a push to have it work in the overloading world, I'd say it up to the purchaser to judge what its capacity is. I can only make statements on what Ive tested.
I cap it at 80lbs.

I will post more about it soon.

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great concept and execution. Definitely interested!

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

www.22winty.com
instagram 22_winty

0.jpeg

tempImageWtMPlY.png

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

9.jpeg
Great idea 22winty. I referred someone over that was looking for a product like yours. We’re doing something a little different, but I do like your design.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We Drove x country no rattles, squeaks or whistleing even at 80 mph across Kansas. The soft top did its "side wind dance" a few times but that's not rack related....

We Stopped at the Bronco Celebration and drove the Mosquito pass without issue. We then Drove through the Mojave and even on the washboard dirt roads we we were thrilled with how well it held up...It was only about 40lbs of cargo and even though it was a success I clearly state on 22winry.com that its for road use mostly. There are unfortunate limitations. light weight for easy of tilting VS Overlanding and off roading abuse.

For me 80 lbs of skis or snowboards or surfboards or luggage is plenty. I bet for most future owners it is as well

It did perform surprisingly well. It jitters, like the entire bronco at time but its instant recovery was impressive. It was dusty as fuck and even with all the hard rocky trails there was NO damage or wear on the Bronco or Rack
It was amazing.
There is obviously a push to have it work in the overloading world, I'd say it up to the purchaser to judge what its capacity is. I can only make statements on what Ive tested.
I cap it at 80lbs.

I will post more about it soon.
Thanks for this real-world comparo.
Definitely interested.
My end use would be gear more than anything else, with the occasional potential kayak(s) if I can make it work. Max of 2 but they are about 80 lbs avg each, so roughly twice the "suggested" cap...if it is even close to looking like a compromise of anything I'll abandon that idea.
Even at 80 lbs, roughly, it will hold a lot of the camping gear (some sort of retro-fitted retractable awning is a must!) I'd be putting up there.
Sponsored