Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm already planning on vinyl wrapping mine. It was going to be for cosmetic reasons, but now it's a real reason I guess
Just wrap the bars in a hot dog bun; you’ll be fine.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t jeeps have cushions that go around the roll bars? Seems like that would have solved this problem
I’ve been thinking about this too, I feel like those cushions would be nice to provide a bit of extra padding when getting in/out, or god forbid in a crash. And it might help with this too.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been thinking about this too, I feel like those cushions would be nice to provide a bit of extra padding when getting in/out, or god forbid in a crash. And it might help with this too.
True, but having the cage in body color makes the Bronco look great with the top off. It makes a big difference compared to Jeep and I wouldn’t want to give that up.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Difference between the Jeep rollbars and the Bronco's are that their are airbag curtains in the Bronco that would be inhibited from opening correctly in the event of a crash.

Come to think of it @flip , would PPF also inhibit the airbags? Having been in an accident with airbags before I would feel that the force of the airbags inflating would rip through PPF fairly easy but I have never worked with PPF. Also not sure if the force is equal to that which comes from the steering wheel.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pre-production unit had another spot, so I guess keep an eye on the top corner of the rear quarter.

Ford Bronco Soft top rubbing and wearing paint on Bronco roll bar [updated with TSB Fix] PXL_20210414_161438032

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got to check out a two door the other day. When sitting in the back seat, if I sit straight up, like I am going to rest my head on the head rest, my head would also hit the roll bar too. A little cushion would be nice there too.

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll get some more pictures this week. I had to put the top back up due to rain.

I'll be reaching out to the dealer this week with this and some other minor issues. I fully expect to find issues like this as I get to know my Bronco. So long as the dealer and Ford address the issues, all is well.

I've had my Bronco for a little over 2 weeks now. Overall it has exceeded every expectation I have had for it.

BTW, I have probably driven it more with the top either retracted half way or fully down more than with it up. I might regret saying this in the winter but I think you are missing out if you went with the MIC.

OP
OP
Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model