mitruckguy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1941 Dodge WC, 1993 Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Base
@mjrcu have you gotten any solution yet? I’m having the same issue…
Sponsored

OB121

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Expedition 2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My top was closed and the top material on the drivers side folded under the cable a bit and was pinched. This stretched that forward cable which has a spring on the back end protected inside a rubber tube. You can feel that the spring got stretched out and now because of that the top seals loosely above the doors on this side of the Bronco.
This is the part# for the cable/spring assy which is riveted to the frame on the back end of the cable near the spring. Instruction to remove and replace is in the service manual.
Of course as of now the part is on national back order with no time frame for availability.
If I remove the top from the Bronco this summer I probably take this cable out and see what can be done to maybe replace the spring.
M2DZ-7852806-ACable

DillyCrack

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any fix? I was sitting at a light in 40 mph winds and since then my passenger front is very loose and have a bad whistle coming from it.
@Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any fix? I was sitting at a light in 40 mph winds and since then my passenger front is very loose and have a bad whistle coming from it.
@Ford Motor Company
Hi there! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I’ll look into this soft top concern for you. Thank you!
Sponsored