Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sound deadening material on my hard top started peeling off the 2nd day I had it. Same, thing, the adhesive looked like it was melting. I pressed it back up and it immediately started peeling off again. Strands of adhesive still connected to roof and fabric, looks like a pizza commercial;)
I read they have a new adhesive for this. Covered under warranty?
Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First off, I am very sorry if there is an existing thread about this that I missed. I have been off of the site for several weeks/months. If this is the case then please direct me to the right thread and feel free to ignore/delete this one.

My roof is melting in the Texas heat. This afternoon I had an hour long meeting and had to leave the Bronco in an uncovered parking lot. Shouldnā€™t be that big of a deal. It is kept in the garage when I am home. After the meeting while driving back home the inner lining of the roof landed on my head. It appears that the adhesive holding the lining together has melted and separated from the main roof fabric on the area above the front seats. The rear seat area is close to falling as well, and when I touched it the fabrics slid from side to side.

Has anyone experienced this yet and/or is this a known flaw? Seems like a HUGE issueā€¦and it isnā€™t even July/Aug in Texas yet. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but fascinated to know if this has happened to others.

8A48A1F9-134B-4943-923F-1EC7269B7A1D.png
Come on now ford push these soft tops on everybody who couldnā€™t wait for MIC tops and had to have there Broncoā€™s . We all know ford thought of quality and the tops been tested to Ford motor company high standard .

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man, the wins just keep on rolling in. Sorry to hear that this is happening to you and others.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My cousin's Soft-Top Big Bend (Purchased in October 2021) started doing this a few weeks back and is getting worse. Brought it to my dealer and it will be fixed under warranty. Service Dept says Ford has noticed this and is using a new adhesive for these fabric panels. Parts and Service and currently trying to get their hands on said adhesive.
Hope they heard of Super Glue or Loctite.šŸ˜‚. Hope this gets resolved easily because I have a soft top too.

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been over 100 here for about a week. Parked outside all day and mine is fine.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You don't have our Texas humidity.

Signed, a California expat who has years of experience in both climates.
Ahh, so they used a water-soluble adhesive on the fabric. Job 1! šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

Billybugs

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Wrangler, ordered 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the same model soft top on my wrangler and have had no issues for over 2 years now. ( yes, I'm that guy, I have a wrangler and a Black Diamond sasquatch" I haven't put my soft top on my Bronco yet but have had great luck with Bestop.

MofaSho

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 and Badlands on 35's with no lift.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there. I'd like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's soft top. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local dealer so I can start looking into this on my end?

I'm having the SAME issue, and would be happy to provide my information as well.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ll have to keep an eye on mine, being in hot @$$ Florida canā€™t be good for it.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
is that what seems to be an extra layer of insulation or sound deadening material? I don't have that metal cross bar in your photo, but just noticed that at the first and second "panel" or "section" above driver area there seems to be a second layer of material glued on. Mine is not hanging down, but I can tell it's something glued on (or velcro?), so def will keep an eye on it.
Should be an easy warranty fix with some better adhesive I think, but definitely have it looked at soon before it all comes off and might be harder to position correctly again.

Never even noticed that there is a second layer, but I've also not inspected it that closely. Just know that I love how easy it is to drive open :)

I open mine almost every day.
A neighbor of mine convinced me to go soft top for this reason and I never looked back. I flip it open every chance I get and the convenience canā€™t be matched.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least I canā€™t see my sagging headliner because of my jtop Bimini. Another reason to love the mesh top. But yeah humid climate here in KY as well. Mine seemed to get worse the more I opened and closed the roof.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please change the original title post back to Soft top is melting! :)

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there. I'd like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's soft top. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local dealer so I can start looking into this on my end?
It's funny how your so willing to help here but when you actually get in the dealership the answer is "they all do that" or some other idiotic response. I brought mine in for an active TSB on the soft top scratching the roll bar & the dealer tried saying it was my fault? Then they say they cant hear a soft top rattle that even Hellen Keller couldn't miss. Ford Dealer level support never fails to surprise me.
Sponsored