Paleos

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealer mechanics sprayed some new adhesive and it didn’t hold. I’m not sure what else they may have done, but there are seams separating in multiple locations now. Between the A pillars above the windshield, directly above the drivers head, and now behind the B pillars just forward of the rear seats. We’re not far away from fabric laying on my head as I drive.
Get them to replace that whole portion of the top. My dealer had the entire top piece of the soft top, support bars and all, replaced when it separated from the bars for me.
Sponsored

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine seems to be starting as well, not as bad yet but will probably get there. Temperature has not been extreme at all.
Ford Bronco Soft top separating / splitting / tearing issue!?! (Update. It got even worse!!) 20220618_155803

Ford Bronco Soft top separating / splitting / tearing issue!?! (Update. It got even worse!!) 20220618_155736

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looked at mine this morning. It is coming apart as well.

This on top of creaking at the top/rear cross bar, sides flapping over the doors, and yellowing. I'm definitely not happy with the oem soft top. Ford needs a recall on these and replace with the besttop

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something 100% needs to be done. Recall, service bulletin something. It ridiculous we have have to fit and argue with dealers to get this fixed.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Speak for yourselves on the Bestop. I’d rather have an OEM soft top that works, and the only problem with my top is the issue at hand. And from the sounds of it, a little shot of Gorilla glue fixes this. You can have your Bestop.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, does that ever look like 100% Webasto's fault to me.

(*edit*, mine's doing the same thing, but not that bad, I just keep an eye on it and press it back into place it it's been in the sun for a long time. looks like the glue doesn't do high temps so well)

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
[AutoEvolution] is not a mainstream site. It's a stupid blog, where all they do is read forums like this one, quote some of the posts, and pass it off as "journalism".

Don't fall for their clickbait. This issue with the soft top has already been discussed here ad nauseam...

[Admin merged some threads, so some of the comments now seem out of place]

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is not a mainstream site. It's a stupid blog, where all they do is read forums like this one, quote some of the posts, and pass it off as "journalism".

Don't fall for their clickbait. This issue with the soft top has already been discussed here ad nauseam...
Yeah, I posted about that blog almost a year and a half ago in a thread started by another member titled How Dumb Are “Auto Journalists”, which is now closed…

Information about the author is readily available via Google.

He lives in Bucharest, Romania, doesn't have a journalism degree, and got his break in the automotive world working as an intern with Jeremy Clarkson at Top Gear. He has social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter, and his Contributor bio on AutoEvolution says the following...

Little did he knew back then, but a 1:43 scale model of a Ferrari 250 GTO is what sparked Mircea’s interest for cars when he was just a kid. Despite studying mathematics and informatics in high school and economics in university, Mircea turned his passion for all things automotive into a job.

Interning for Top Gear was his first foray in automotive journalism, and not long after that, a full-time position was opened for Mircea to seal the deal. Just about three years later, autoevolution became his new home.

Especially interested in American ponies and muscle cars, Mircea also finds the Japanese domestic market appealing thanks to the quirkiness of kei cars. Full-size pickups like the Ram 1500 and off-roaders such as the Ford Ranger Raptor and Jeep Gladiator Rubicon are much to his liking as well.

A self-described master of pasta and an avid CCG player, Mircea’s past-time activities include playing his Epiphone Les Paul Special Vintage Edition electric guitar, discovering the wonders of the Carpathian mountains by foot, and driving to the Black Sea to get a well-deserved tan.

https://www.autoevolution.com/editors/browse/mircea-panait/
PS — Just for clarity, I’m not apologizing for soft top quality control issues. They are real. I am simply saying don’t get excited about AutoEvolution being mainstream or automotive press coverage. It’s really just a blog that regurgitates information read from posts on enthusiast forums like Bronco6G.

Last edited:

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should just reimburse us the costs and everyone go get a BestTop

Sponsored

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow! Sorry I posted anything! Seriously!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow! Sorry I posted anything! Seriously!
Eh, don't sweat it. We're all here to share our experiences. The roof issue is a real thing, and we'll get it worked out eventually. I just get annoyed when 3rd parties who have nothing to do with anything try to exploit situations just to generate clicks...

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would i want a top with half the function of the OEM?
Half the function? Because it doesn't go all the way down in the back? Maybe because it fits better, doesn't fall apart and doesn't let snow/water in. I like my stock soft top but if it goes to shit I'll put on a best top on a heartbeat

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Half the function? Because it doesn't go all the way down in the back? Maybe because it fits better, doesn't fall apart and doesn't let snow/water in. I like my stock soft top but if it goes to shit I'll put on a best top on a heartbeat
And give up some storage capacity? I had my oem full on the way to OBX and with a bestop would have had to use a rear hitch box
Sponsored