First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this happening to 22s as well? I havent read all 10 pages.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got an email in for my FSE to see what he thinks. Not seeing any TSBs/SSMs for this yet but assume Ford is aware of the issue and get his opinion before ordering the fabric and all of the other crap to do a repair.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got an email in for my FSE to see what he thinks. Not seeing any TSBs/SSMs for this yet but assume Ford is aware of the issue and get his opinion before ordering the fabric and all of the other crap to do a repair.
You are the best! Thank you for all you do for the forum!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

86 in transit to packager, 26 on B/O waiting. Nothing in stock at any of the depots.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FSE response is Ford is aware of the issues and working on a fix. No ETA was provided but those with the problem, as of now, will need to have the top material replaced. WSM is not very helpful but I think the parts needed will be M2DZ-7852700-BB (part superseded to -BB from -BA) and at least 22 W790580-S900 rivets. This is probably a couple hour repair after the top is off but to be safe, I'd plan on 2 days. To be safe, I'd also order the M2DZ-7852806-A and M2DZ-78514B28-A cables. Don't know if they'll be needed but better to have on hand if one breaks during disassembly/reassembly.

Again, these are on back order so if you have the problem, go by your dealer for them to verify the concern, get a repair ticket started and parts ordered. Make sure they have everything in stock when the repair appointment is made!

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m feeling like I’ll wait it out for a bit. I just coated mine with CarPro Fabric…accepting a brand new top after 2+ years sounds like a score to me if I can hold out until next season.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Half the function? Because it doesn't go all the way down in the back? Maybe because it fits better, doesn't fall apart and doesn't let snow/water in. I like my stock soft top but if it goes to shit I'll put on a best top on a heartbeat
Nobody I know locally has any problem with the OEM soft top. All the way back baby!

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm at my dealership now. We'll see what they say. A couple of them are Bronco owners and follow the forums and are aware of this happening! Stay tuned!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cridlon how did you make out? SoCal is heating up, I imagine some of us out here will see the same issue.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was in for a quick change. They looked at it but want me to bring it in Friday so they can inspect it and take pictures. I will know more then.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jarmo Karhu

Jarmo Karhu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard back from Ford yesterday. After an inspection at Galpin Ford in LA, a “Triple S C” or “SSSC” report was filed. It has been determined that my top is to be replaced. Next up is to coordinate with my service advisor an appointment to have the work done

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've had my hardtop Bronco for 3 days and my sound deadening headliner is already starting to detach. I love every single other thing about my Bronco. But this is annoying. Attached is a pic & video. I made my own thread on this if any other hardtop owners are having this issue.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...op-detaching-after-2-days-of-ownership.48026/

Sound Deadening PIC.png

fishahkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is also happening to my soft top. I’ve had the top all the way down for about a month and have been parking in my garage. I put the top up this Monday and noticed it delaminating. I thought it was due to the top being down and the wind but clearly that’s not the issue.

My bronco was neveron dirt mountain. Picked it up October 30th, currently 18,400 miles, live in NC with lots of heat and humidity but it’s typically parked in the garage.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Half the function? Because it doesn't go all the way down in the back? Maybe because it fits better, doesn't fall apart and doesn't let snow/water in. I like my stock soft top but if it goes to shit I'll put on a best top on a heartbeat
Not calling bestop quality into question here, but the sample size of bestop owners compared to OEM owners is likely skewed in favor of the OEM top by a factor of 1,000's. or even 10's of thousands. No product is made without issues, and I would bet that includes bestop's.

My soft top has no issues at all, but tbh it's never been opened since I bought the truck 9 months ago.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not calling bestop quality into question here, but the sample size of bestop owners compared to OEM owners is likely skewed in favor of the OEM top by a factor of 1,000's. or even 10's of thousands. No product is made without issues, and I would bet that includes bestop's.

My soft top has no issues at all, but tbh it's never been opened since I bought the truck 9 months ago.
I agree. Numbers are prolly skewed.
btw 9 months without opening top? Are you at the north pole? Not even one flip back out of curiosity…

on edit you live in canada so maybe too cold ?
Sponsored