BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the soft top but hoping someone has an attachment to help lower the noise. Is there an aftermarket product that provides sound deadening for the soft top?

Plus once in a while, I need to slam the doors to avoid having wind noise, anyone else noticed the same.
Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the soft top but hoping someone has an attachment to help lower the noise. Is there an aftermarket product that provides sound deadening for the soft top?

Plus once in a while, I need to slam the doors to avoid having wind noise, anyone else noticed the same.
I saw someone share a product on here that was essentially that. A tarp like thing that went under thr soft tip. It's name was something like rough dog or rowdy dog. It looked pretty good. I think the cost was around d 300 bucks or so.

Edit: Yacktopus got it right.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dirtydog 4x4 like others have said. Their insulation blanket was great on the base squatch I had.

Sponsored

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That insulating blanket looks pretty good. I bought the bestop Bimini which has the support bar behind the front row of seats and simply sandwiched a foam mattress pad between the Bimini and soft top. This solution works extremely well (surprisingly)... It really does cut down on the wind noise over the drivers head. You also still get the benefit of being able to use the Bimini (just grab the foam pad and roll it up when you take the top down) - not sure you can do that with the insulating blanket.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a GearShade top. Stuffed a $10 comforter between the shade and soft top. Cuts down on highway noise a ton and easy to take off if I want to open the top.

Bonus… the actual sun shade is great. $200 all in.

Ford Bronco Soft top sound deadening aftermarket 59C8D396-8D30-4B47-B05D-FEEDE7EFA0C9

Last edited:

Tylercrws

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a GearShade top. Stuffed a $10 comforter between the shade and soft top. Cuts down on highway noise a ton and easy to take off if I want to open the top.

Ford Bronco Soft top sound deadening aftermarket 59C8D396-8D30-4B47-B05D-FEEDE7EFA0C9
Looking on the GearShade site for the one with the Bronco logo with no luck

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't done it yet, but I plan to put a comforter on top of my bimini cover to help reduce wind noises.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did the same thing, except I put a 2" foam mattress up there. Works great, and when that mattress is not there, it is loud as f**k

Ford Bronco Soft top sound deadening aftermarket IMG_5080

Ford Bronco Soft top sound deadening aftermarket IMG_5081

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Soft top sound deadening aftermarket IMG_5081
Same, I actually have 3 of our sleeping bags up there. Saves storage space while camping in winter, adds insulation.
Some sagging of the mesh top, but not bad with the weight evenly distributed.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same, I actually have 3 of our sleeping bags up there. Saves storage space while camping in winter, adds insulation.
Some sagging of the mesh top, but not bad with the weight evenly distributed.
Mine sags too. I might buy a lighter comforter but honestly don’t even notice anymore. It’s minor and still plenty of head room. The difference in noise is dramatic. I bet it’s quieter than the hard top, maybe by a lot.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like others have said Dirtydog 4x4 insulation mat. Just installed last weekend. Should’ve done way sooner. $250.
Sponsored