Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I modified my soft top to reduce the wind and road noise using a few ideas posted here. I bought 2 harbor freight moving blankets and laid them on top of my Gearshade Bimini top. I doubled over the edges by the doors. I took some 1/2” pipe foam and put it around the 3 windows in the rear. I had to cut notches out for the clips and feed the foam in after 2 of 3 clips were secure.

Before 78-75 decibels at 75 mph
After 75-73 decibels at 75 mph.

Wind noise seems to be reduced more than road noise. The tractor trailer passing is still loud. I can tell a difference at all mph. All in I think k I spent $12 and 20 minutes installing.
Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I modified my soft top to reduce the wind and road noise using a few ideas posted here. I bought 2 harbor freight moving blankets and laid them on top of my Gearshade Bimini top. I doubled over the edges by the doors. I took some 1/2” pipe foam and put it around the 3 windows in the rear. I had to cut notches out for the clips and feed the foam in after 2 of 3 clips were secure.

Before 78-75 decibels at 75 mph
After 75-73 decibels at 75 mph.

Wind noise seems to be reduced more than road noise. The tractor trailer passing is still loud. I can tell a difference at all mph. All in I think k I spent $12 and 20 minutes installing.
Possible to get pics of it?

Rubicon79

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I added a cheap blanket from Amazon on top of the Bimini top and it did help.

I’m not sure where you saying the foam went though. Any pics?

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Definitely trying this out. Thank you for the tip. We just came back from an 8 hour trip and it was def an experience. I've never had a soft/canvas top,so I didnt know what to expect. The wind noise kind of gets kinda old after 8 hours of driving lol 🤣