First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I put my factory soft top down, I her a squeak coming form the roof directly behind me. Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine squeaks when it's all the way down & locked. Not bad enough to investigate why.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine is doing this when open in the first position. The locks at that position are engaged.

I can't tell if the squeaking is coming from directly overhead or further back within the structure, nor am I sure if the IAG lift struts I installed contributing to the matter. (I hope not; they were fine for quite some time...)

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is doing this when open in the first position. The locks at that position are engaged.

I can't tell if the squeaking is coming from directly overhead or further back within the structure, nor am I sure if the IAG lift struts I installed contributing to the matter. (I hope not; they were fine for quite some time...)
So I had a friend hold down the bar close that is close to the driver side headrest, and his weight was able to keep it from squeaking. So I think the issue is somewhere in that area.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had a friend hold down the bar close that is close to the driver side headrest, and his weight was able to keep it from squeaking. So I think the issue is somewhere in that area.
Is the lock in that area engaged? You might have to slam it down for it to properly latch

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be very honest, it could be.
And it could equally well be every other moving point within the top assembly.
I had the struts back when they would bang against the roll bar (and squeak). I removed them and have been much happier since. But you're right, it could be absolutely anything on the soft top. Fortunately I don't have any issues with mine.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had the struts back when they would bang against the roll bar (and squeak). I removed them and have been much happier since. But you're right, it could be absolutely anything on the soft top. Fortunately I don't have any issues with mine.
While it'd be easy enough to blame the struts here, the fact others seem to be having similar squeaks WITHOUT them, to me, means perhaps they're not the prime issue here.

BroncoWhaler

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB sas
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also have a squeak when my soft top is back in 1st position. It sounds like it comes from the rear passenger side (4-door) somewhere near the elbow of the soft top arm.

Although I recently realized that I haven't been using the Velcro straps when I put the soft top down in first position. I'm not sure if it will still do that even tied down with Velcro. (The Velcro straps are an extra step that I'm not looking forward to using.)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have a squeak when my soft top is back in 1st position. It sounds like it comes from the rear passenger side (4-door) somewhere near the elbow of the soft top arm.

Although I recently realized that I haven't been using the Velcro straps when I put the soft top down in first position. I'm not sure if it will still do that even tied down with Velcro. (The Velcro straps are an extra step that I'm not looking forward to using.)
The velcro straps are just for off-road use
Sponsored