Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This squeak and rattle started about two weeks ago after 3 months without any noise. The noise is coming from the back corner.

anyone else hearing a similar thing?

Sponsored

Cdweldon

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you had your top open and then Recently closed it?

I have rattles also Not sure it’s the same location. I have noticed that I am unable to latch the center soft top latches above the rear doors. So it’s never fully secure in the middle and it rattles on bumps. I am able latch these with a significant amount of force, however when they are both secure I’m unable to latch the front above the driver seat. The peg is pushed to far forward and no longer goes in the hole. I’m still troubleshooting it but didn’t see any adjustment mechanism at first glance.

Flip your top back and see if its latched securely at the center. If not, that could be your noise source.

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No issues with my soft top and I have opened and closed it tons of times. Are you sure it's the soft top?

eric0w

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same exact issue. It started showing up after 6K miles. It is more noticeable when the weather is hot. Haven’t figured out where it is coming from yet.

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mine is coming from the soft top frame over the rear window. the Rivets squeak like crazy when the top flexes. Changes with the weather, but mostly when the top is at the half back position and the windows are still in. driving me nuts, but havent been into the dealer with it yet. hoping some lubrication can fix it

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this thread is almost old enough to vote - but I just now started having this issue.
Right at 6,000 miles and right as the weather warmed up here in Michigan.

For me its the front drivers side, horrible squeak that sounds a lot like two pieces of Styrofoam rubbing together. When I have the first section of the roof open/flipped back the sound goes away. I thoroughly investigated the squeak area and can't really figure out what's going on....

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know this thread is almost old enough to vote - but I just now started having this issue.
Right at 6,000 miles and right as the weather warmed up here in Michigan.

For me its the front drivers side, horrible squeak that sounds a lot like two pieces of Styrofoam rubbing together. When I have the first section of the roof open/flipped back the sound goes away. I thoroughly investigated the squeak area and can't really figure out what's going on....
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

ckminette

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same squeak when my soft top is partially open from the latch on the top where the soft top connects to the frame. Just started this past week and probably have had the top down over a dozen times

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the same squeak when my soft top is partially open from the latch on the top where the soft top connects to the frame. Just started this past week and probably have had the top down over a dozen times
ME TOO!!! And it's driving me bloody nuts.

Not sure how to resolve it...tried lubing the latch pin with some aerosol lithium grease; think I'm going to need something a little thicker...and even then I don't know if that'll resolve anything.

Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 4,229 miles and a squeaking recently started when the soft top is back in the first position. Driving me a bit crazy. Seems like it’s coming from the driver’s side. Need to figure this out.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have 4,229 miles and a squeaking recently started when the soft top is back in the first position. Driving me a bit crazy. Seems like it’s coming from the driver’s side. Need to figure this out.
Good morning! Could you privately message us your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern for you? Thank you!

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same for me, just under 7000 miles and squeaking when open in 1st position. Seems to be coming from at/near where the 2nd position latch is. Driving me nuts.
I have an oil change and tire rotation coming up on Monday, so will mention to service dept then 🤞

Bronco_Skillz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same for me, just under 7000 miles and squeaking when open in 1st position. Seems to be coming from at/near where the 2nd position latch is. Driving me nuts.
I have an oil change and tire rotation coming up on Monday, so will mention to service dept then 🤞
Hi, I’m having the same issue. Curious. What did the Service dept say? Thanks!

swilks

Big Bend
First Name
Stasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone figured out a solution? It’s driving me insane. Sounds like styrofoam rubbing together in the back drivers side.
Sponsored