Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang, 2019 Black Widow Ranger
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

The owners manual cautions against running the soft top or sasquatch through an automatic car wash.
I believe that's specific to those car washes with tracks on the floors (squatch tires won't fit, could be damaged), and those that utilize brushes and rollers, (which I NEVER take my Mustang through), not the "touch-less". But still curious as to the high pressure on the soft top.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have washed my soft top BD in a touchless car wash multiple times with no problems. Again, a touchless car wash, with no tracks on floor, I've also utilized the dryer at the end with no problems. I was initially concerned water would come in with the high pressure, but all was well, and dry!

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Bronco
Outer Banks
Having a Jeep with the premium soft top (similar material to Ford's offering) I was more concerned about the top absorbing the detergent/chemical cleaning agents that the leaking. Therefore, I stayed away from car washes entirely. I only treated the top with 303 Fabric Guard and rinsed of any debris during hand wash.
I’ve never had a soft top. Are they a pita to clean since it’s a fabric rather than a painted smooth surface? Has yours leaked? I know you have jeep.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

I have washed my soft top BD in a touchless car wash multiple times with no problems. Again, a touchless car wash, with no tracks on floor, I've also utilized the dryer at the end with no problems. I was initially concerned water would come in with the high pressure, but all was well, and dry!
Good to know.

Are you doing anything special for the vinyl windows in the back? Or just running it through and allowing it to dry without any problems?

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AT4, 72 Bug - 2 JKU's previously.
Bronco
Badlands
I ran a trektop NX on my JKU's every summer, and I always used the touchless "laser" wash when it was on or I used the self wash bays when it needed a scrub. During the winter months I put the hard top on and use the auto wash. I plan on doing the same with the Bronco and expect no issues.

GTPrincessa

Black Diamond
First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know.

Are you doing anything special for the vinyl windows in the back? Or just running it through and allowing it to dry without any problems?
Re: the vinyl windows, nothing special as of yet. Have just been running it through the wash and dry cycle, and allowing it to finish air drying. My Bronc is kept in a heated garage, so I usually wash her before heading home for the day, now that winter is here.

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Same, I ahve run my through multiple times in my local brushless trackless car wash. No leaks at all.

Bryanm

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco big bend
Bronco
Big Bend
Anyone know if taking the soft top thru a touchless car wash would be an issue? Leaking? I typically have a subscription to a drive thru car wash.
The top will hold soap, plus everything others have stated.