Addison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi everyone,
Need some advice: I ordered a hard top base model and I still have yet to get a build date. My dealer said that if I got a soft top, I would get it sooner. Although I would prefer a hardtop, I've been hearing that there's been a lot of issues with it from those who have received theirs. Should I settle for the soft top model now and just buy a hard top replacement later on when the issues are solved or just wait it out for the hardtop. My current car now is old and on borrowed time which is also influencing this decision. For those who have received soft top broncos, what do you think?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are on borrowed time and need your Bronco as soon as possible, I would probably switch to the soft top if I were in your position. There are few things I want to make sure you know however:

1. Soft top is only available on the 4-door from the factory. (I assume if the dealer told you that the bronco will get built sooner with a soft top, you already have the 4-door ordered... 2-door is only available with the hard top).

2. The vehicle *will* come with hookups for the hardtop if you decide to get one later on. (This was not always the case, but Ford is no including it because they want to incentivize people to get the soft top.)

3. The hard top later on will be considerably more expensive than ordering it with the bronco from the factory. Just emotionally prepare yourself to be paying around $3k or more for it later on..... that's just a ballpark based off of Jeep experience though, as we don't have any info yet from Ford... but who knows, maybe you'll be really happy with the Soft top.... but either way, tops are *always* more expensive after the fact and availability may be limited for a while.

There are certain "Goldilocks" builds that would potentially be built in the next scheduling cycle if you have to have it as soon as possible. It's basically a 4-door base or Big Bend with the 4 cyl, soft top, and without the tow package... any other combination of bronco has at least something that is "constrained" meaning Ford doesn't have enough parts. If you get one of the goldilocks they should basically have everything on hand and it will get scheduled very quickly.

If you didn't need to get a vehicle soon, I would tell you to just order your dream build and wait it out. If the bronco shows up and the MIC top has problems, I would just see what the remedy was going to be from Ford... the tops still work fine as far as we know.... there's just concerns about long-term performance (with the delimitation) and some aesthetic worries.

$0.02

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are on borrowed time and need your Bronco as soon as possible, I would probably switch to the soft top if I were in your position. There are few things I want to make sure you know however:

1. Soft top is only available on the 4-door from the factory. (I assume if the dealer told you that the bronco will get built sooner with a soft top, you already have the 4-door ordered... 2-door is only available with the hard top).

2. The vehicle *will* come with hookups for the hardtop if you decide to get one later on. (This was not always the case, but Ford is no including it because they want to incentivize people to get the soft top.)

3. The hard top later on will be considerably more expensive than ordering it with the bronco from the factory. Just emotionally prepare yourself to be paying around $3k or more for it later on..... that's just a ballpark based off of Jeep experience though, as we don't have any info yet from Ford... but who knows, maybe you'll be really happy with the Soft top.... but either way, tops are *always* more expensive after the fact and availability may be limited for a while.

There are certain "Goldilocks" builds that would potentially be built in the next scheduling cycle if you have to have it as soon as possible. It's basically a 4-door base or Big Bend with the soft top and without the tow package... any other combination of bronco has at least something that is "constrained" meaning Ford doesn't have enough parts. If you get one of the goldilocks they should basically have everything on hand and it will get scheduled very quickly.

If you didn't need to get a vehicle soon, I would tell you to just order your dream build and wait it out. If the bronco shows up and the MIC top has problems, I would just see what the remedy was going to be from Ford... the tops still work fine as far as we know.... there's just concerns about long-term performance (with the delimitation) and some aesthetic worries.

$0.02
You forgot to add “check into this forum more often. There is a ton of good information”

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched from hard to soft (and Wildtrak to Badlands) to see if I could get mine sooner. No joy as of yet. If and when we cross over to MY22 and I still don’t have a build, I’ll switch back to the Wildtrak and hard top.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I switched my build to soft top just to have some hope for next scheduling. But I'm keeping the rest of my constraints. Depending on your dealer and reservation date, I would switch yours. I doubt it will help me but at least I'll feel like I'm part of the game. If it doesn't schedule I will switch back to hard top. The prep kit sold me on trying it.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched my build to soft top just to have some hope for next scheduling. But I'm keeping the rest of my constraints. Depending on your dealer and reservation date, I would switch yours. I doubt it will help me but at least I'll feel like I'm part of the game. If it doesn't schedule I will switch back to hard top. The prep kit sold me on trying it.
Same boat here. I figure if it's not scheduled by late August then it's probably going to slip to MY22 as well as being a winter delivery, in which case I'll change back to constrained items that I want but don't need because I'd rather have what I want delivered in ~April-June than less that I want in ~December-February.
Sponsored

Last edited: