Sponsored

Soft top vs hard top poll - which are you getting?

What are you getting soft top or hard top?

• Total voters

tatud4life

Base
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I watched the same video but I had already made the switch at that point. I started to regret making the changes I made but got to thinking about the rear windshield wiper. It's really small and I'm trying to convince myself that not having one won't make that big of a difference. If I still lived in Michigan I would want the defroster for sure but I live somewhere just a little warmer now and the winters aren't that bad. I just can't wait until we all get our Broncos and get them out in the wild!

I never thought I would use a rear wiper until I had a vehicle with one. Now I use it as much as I use the front wipers. Also, I just read another thread here that stated that Ford may be giving us an option for a prep pack with the soft top. For those of us that might get an aftermarket hard top.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wanted dual, switched to MIC to maybe get one this year and get the $1000 ford points.
If they offer the wiring kit somehow and if I can find out how much a MIC will cost later on including shipping and if all that makes $ sense I'd be happy to switch to soft. But that's a lot of open questions and I don't expect any answers, so I'm staying with my order as is for now. Even though I'd much rather have the soft top for most of the year.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also just switched from a wildtrak to a similar soft top build last week. Hoping I will get a VIN this week or I may have to cancel my order due to timing.

I still don't think people fully appreciate how bad the hard top situation is.
I think that's true. This forum represents just a small percentage of the Bronco buyers out there. But, even though we are small I think the percentage of hard top buyers here will closely represent the overall percentage of hard top buyers in the marketplace. Does this make sense? I've read it several times, and hope it does. :)

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I was to spend $55k on a ‘soft top’, it would be a mustang convertible driven in the summer. Not a bronco driven when it’s -20 and 4 ft of snow.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im getting a hard top because aftermarket soft tops are cheaper. Sure Im pissed about the availability but I dont even have a reservation yet :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once you go soft you never go hard...

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I saw somewhere that soft top orders made up less than 10% of the orders.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm really hoping Ford offers that fastback Bestop for our 2-door Broncos. I plan to run mine most of the time with a bikini or safari top, so I don't care about whether or not I get a hardtop. If Ford offered a soft top from the factory on the 2-door, I would definitely get it.

But I sure as hell am NOT getting 4 doors. 😇🤣🤣

Sponsored
OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting results so far, 82% want it hard. I’m not surprised, but ya Ford needs to hurry up and make some Hard tops if they wanna sell some Broncos haha.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went soft top and bam ended up with a vin. It's silly to think I won't be able to install some simple wiring and plumbing for a hard top? 🤷‍♂️

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door so hard top is the only option.....I would go soft if it was a option and folded all the way down. I’m not a fan on how the bestop just folds back in a big ole bunch on top.

OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went soft top and bam ended up with a vin. It's silly to think I won't be able to install some simple wiring and plumbing for a hard top? 🤷‍♂️
I’ve never used my rear wiper or defroster ever. I think the wiper needs to be replaced too just from being outside. I’ve replaced my front wipers a few times. 💁‍♀️
Sponsored