Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting in the car today I noticed wear on the softop. It is bad enough that the driver side has rubbed through the top down to the rubber below

It appears as though the top is rubbing on itself, or something when it is all the way down. I say that because when I put it back it didn't appear to touch anything. It also appears on both sides, though the driver side has worn through and the passenger has not yet.

Will be reporting this to my dealer on Monday.

PXL_20210801_004706213.jpg

PXL_20210801_004820805.jpg
wonder how Bestop will do? has anyone bought and installed one?
Sponsored

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think the top should be removed if you are driving it top-down continuously. I don't know if the wear is normal or if soft top wear is even covered by warranty, but soft tops are wear items that are typically replaced every 3-5 years (or more often in extreme climates). Other wear items, such as brakes and clutch and tires, typically last longer but are not usually covered by warranty.
3 - 5 years? What are you doing to your top? Iā€™ve got a 2000 Wrangler with the original soft top. It needs to be replaced now and has a hole in the back window from a couple of years ago (trying to get it closed in the cold). But it still functions well and doesnā€™t leak other than that hole šŸ˜†. I usually take it off in the summer and just run a safari top though.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting in the car today I noticed wear on the softop. It is bad enough that the driver side has rubbed through the top down to the rubber below

It appears as though the top is rubbing on itself, or something when it is all the way down. I say that because when I put it back it didn't appear to touch anything. It also appears on both sides, though the driver side has worn through and the passenger has not yet.

Will be reporting this to my dealer on Monday.

PXL_20210801_004706213.jpg

PXL_20210801_004820805.jpg
This would never happen at toyota šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wonder how Bestop will do? has anyone bought and installed one?
The current Bestop offering has a fatal flaw for meā€¦it doesnā€™t fold all the way back. I hope they produce a whole range for Bronco, and arenā€™t under some agreement to not offer other versions directly for a set period.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hereā€™s to hoping the aftermarket can correct this, Iā€™m thinking Ford is probably more concerned with the MIC top at the moment and will have the dealers solution be a patch kit, like the ones my Mom would sow on the knees of my jeans in the 80ā€™s
You gotta pay a lot of money for ratty pants these days.. Who has time to wear them out themselves?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dunno, I bought one and itā€™s functioning a hell of a lot better than my imaginary Bronco.
I have the hard top. I would totally go with the soft top if it folded all the way down to the bed. It is functional, just donā€™t like the toupee look.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Isn't there a nicer soft top made by Bestop than the one that Ford includes? I'm not referring to Trek Top.
VM2DZ-54501C24-F Top, Retractable, Twill, Soft, Full roof, 2-door by Bestop $ 2,229.00

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't there a nicer soft top made by Bestop than the one that Ford includes? I'm not referring to Trek Top.
VM2DZ-54501C24-F Top, Retractable, Twill, Soft, Full roof, 2-door by Bestop $ 2,229.00
Yes, but it's a fastback, rear probably doesn't lift, and doesn't fold all the way back. Best top is likely restricted from anything else for a time.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
This would never happen at toyota šŸ˜”šŸ˜”
Yeah! I don't even know why Toyota has a service department if it never brake, damage, or anything else!! They are just perfect and Toyota is just wasting their money on service department.

In a matter of fact! why do they have warranty?? it shouldn't have because it doesn't need it!

I really don't understand the mentality of a Toyota guy. I mean they are good but not that good.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, but it's a fastback, rear probably doesn't lift, and doesn't fold all the way back. Best top is likely restricted from anything else for a time.
The fast back is the Trek Top.
Sponsored