Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500/2014 Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what about managing soft top in the deep cold?

Trying to figure out if I can start with soft and invest in black modular top when ready.
I would definitely not try to put it on or remove it in the cold because it shrinks and becomes very rigid in cold temperatures. I've never had any issues with snow piling up on top and I live in SE Michigan.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No defroster or wiper in the winter is a good enough reason to avoid the soft top for me. Temperature and snow-load were low on my list for reasons against the soft-top.
Are we certain that the Modular hardtops will come with those either?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes me dislike bn all the more.
They are easy to dislike! Especially after that YouTube video that mentioned that the Color Manager for Bronco, was one of their people.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm perplexed by this color too! In some pictures it looks very baby blue and in others it looks more gray than blue, which is what I prefer. If it looked exactly like the Ford colorizer on the B&P I would 100% go the area 51 route, but that seems to be way off. My other option is the carbonized gray, but not sure how the carbonized gray grill and other components will look with that color... grrrr... frustrating.
EASY FIX FOR YOU: It's kinda Grey/Blue colored, so if you want to see more of the grey, then only take it out on cloudy or rainy days. If you want more blue, then only take it out on sunny days.

If you want more grey, all the time, then just get it over with... and buy either Carbon or silver.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are we certain that the Modular hardtops will come with those either?
Yes we are.

Edit: I was thinking MIC when I read "modular" for some reason. We've seen the MIC in the wild with wipers and electrical connections. So, I suppose, that we don't know for sure if the modular has them but I can't imagine the more expensive hardtop wouldn't.

There may be proof of them on the modular hardtop out there as well. I'm not going to search for it because I'm 99% sure that it would have connections as well.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it could handle snow and winter I’d do the same.
Had soft top Wranglers in Ohio and never had issues with snow or winter. It even had the old 1/2 doors with the canvas/plastic top half. Fortunately, the heater was awesome and warmed up the 2-door really quick.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I once made a thread telling folks to test drive a wrangler to get an idea for road noise and such and everyone shit on it.

guess what? You wanna know what a soft top sounds like on the highway?? Hit up your local jeep dealer
And you can get a higher end Bestop that is as quiet as a hard top.

RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
EASY FIX FOR YOU: It's kinda Grey/Blue colored, so if you want to see more of the grey, then only take it out on cloudy or rainy days. If you want more blue, then only take it out on sunny days.

If you want more grey, all the time, then just get it over with... and buy either Carbon or silver.
This is what I decided....

Ford Bronco Soft top with rear open on Badlands Bronco Badlands Carbonized Gray

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I decided....

Ford Bronco Soft top with rear open on Badlands Bronco Badlands Carbonized Gray
Me too. Well, kinda. I will choose a Race Red, Wildtrak, with a soft BLACK top. At least this way, the top colors will be a decent match for the gloss black grill, mirror caps, and fender flares. The MIC grey would be CRAP!!!

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Area 51 is so confusing! It looks nice here!! ? the soft top looks so good since it’s BLACK !!
Saw A51 yesterday on a Sport... Its no less confusing in person. I would be really hard pressed to accurately describe it. The pic I took looked light blue. It is really pretty, and I think it will lend itself to a lot of different builds, overland, baja, or daily driver. I can admit 95% of my life is pavement!

Bowzer6G

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited by a moderator: