Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will probably get the hardtop from the factory and also grab a toss in Bimini from the factory
What I really want is a sunrider insert like the fishing guide concept had, except one that covers the entire passenger area with both the front and 2nd row panels off.
Sponsored

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bestop is makeing the soft top!
Yeah I know but it's just the generic one they did with Ford. Bestop makes the stocker for the Jeep too but they also have a bunch of different ones with different functionality. A frameless fast back one (no folded up bows) just remove the windows and you're left with a bikini top, a sunrider one that opens completely over the front and rear seats, they also have one that folds down normally with the bows but you can remove the whole folded up thing easily with (two pins on back roll bar) and not have that mess back there.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think this wheel/tire combo on the Badlands is the best offered on the Bronco. Even better then the Sasquatch.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a definitive answer to this? I've asked a few people who say this but no one has an answer where it came from only that the heard/read it somewhere.
It came from a Ford rep during a Q&A at one of the Super Cel events.

These Q&As have been wrong, and contradictory before... so obviously.. grain of salt.... but that's where it came from.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It came from a Ford rep during a Q&A at one of the Super Cel events.

These Q&As have been wrong, and contradictory before... so obviously.. grain of salt.... but that's where it came from.
Figured.

Unfortunately, as most of us know, that certainly isn't definitive proof.

It just bothers me that a) we can't trust what Ford has said at events and b) that we still do and is spread around forums as unequivocal truth.

If only Ford had a website, where you could customize your truck, see what you can build it with, what the options include or don't, and how much it is.

Sponsored

Shamrocklax03

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500/2014 Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top with rear open on Badlands Bronco.

View attachment 61780
Has anyone seen the soft top from the inside? I am a former Wrangler owner and there were options for different levels of quality and insulation on their soft tops. I know that there was one that was at least 2 ply but from the pics I have seen the Bronco soft top looks to be 1 ply. Hopefully Bestop is already working on after market replacements.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a definitive answer to this? I've asked a few people who say this but no one has an answer where it came from only that the heard/read it somewhere.
Is anything definitive?? I believe I saw this on a video with a Bronco rep who was asked about it.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the JL owners out there who drive around in the winters with the soft top. What about salt and all the chemicals from the roads? Do the tops hold up well? Also, what about car washes? I like to hit the car wash frequently during the winter to keep the salt at bay.
Absolutely do not hit the car wash with a soft top unless it is 100% touch-free which can still do damage. I've had two soft-top Isuzu Amigo's and many boats with Eisenglass (Clear plastic windows). If you want them to look good for a long time you absolutely must follow the wash principals covered on AMMO NYC Youtube. Plastic windows are fragile and susceptible to scratching and swirling much easier than paint. I have a dedicated microfiber, bucket, and wash soap for my boat for this very purpose. My last "glass" replacement was over $8k. Hopefully, a complete set of windows for a Bronco is only about $400-600.

Shamrocklax03

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500/2014 Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the JL owners out there who drive around in the winters with the soft top. What about salt and all the chemicals from the roads? Do the tops hold up well? Also, what about car washes? I like to hit the car wash frequently during the winter to keep the salt at bay.
I had a Bestop Trektop on my JK Wrangler and I did not trust it to go through the car wash. I went to the hand wash and tried to keep the hose from spraying directly on the seams. It held up well under those conditions.

RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A little off topic, but was hoping I could get opinions on this... I am most likely getting the Badlands which comes with the marine grade vinyl and the washout rubber floor. I like the idea of having the leather seats, but this comes with carpeted flooring. From a resale perspective, do you think a person that would be interested in a Badlands would prefer vinyl/rubber or leather/carpet?

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To much snow on any soft top does not do them any good but all is needed is a brush just to push the worst of it off.
what about managing soft top in the deep cold?

Trying to figure out if I can start with soft and invest in black modular top when ready.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No defroster or wiper in the winter is a good enough reason to avoid the soft top for me. Temperature and snow-load were low on my list for reasons against the soft-top.
This, and I really can't stand plastic windows. I still plan on getting some kind of aftermarket soft top for summers but like some kind of Bimini style with the back cleanly open.

Last edited:

BroncoNext

Heritage
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon daily driver, ‘78 CJ for fun
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Love this setup on my current Jeep. The top part is two pieces front and back, then cargo area/back window is another piece.
I’d expect the aftermarket companies to jump on the chance to come up with new Bronco options, so hopefully sooner than later.
Ford Bronco Soft top with rear open on Badlands Bronco C8DE9899-25FC-4374-8454-59D2F040BF55

slmcdady

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am guessing soft top will be annoyingly loud. Can anybody confirm with some Jeep experience?
[/QUOTE
I have the soft top on my 2018 JL, and it isn't bad compared to the hard top. If it works like the JEEP sunrider top that I have, it is a fantastic option when the weather turns bad while out and about. Easy to put up in those situations!

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely do not hit the car wash with a soft top unless it is 100% touch-free which can still do damage. I've had two soft-top Isuzu Amigo's and many boats with Eisenglass (Clear plastic windows). If you want them to look good for a long time you absolutely must follow the wash principals covered on AMMO NYC Youtube. Plastic windows are fragile and susceptible to scratching and swirling much easier than paint. I have a dedicated microfiber, bucket, and wash soap for my boat for this very purpose. My last "glass" replacement was over $8k. Hopefully, a complete set of windows for a Bronco is only about $400-600.
I run our JK through the carwash all time with zero issues. The only scratches on the windows are from branches. I bought it used in 2016, it's from a 2014. All the seams are fine and zero leaks.
Sponsored