MiddleAgeGeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we know if you only get the hookups for rear defroster and wiper if you order hardtop from the factory (like Jeep) or does it come with the soft Top and we can add a hard top later?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do we know if you only get the hookups for rear defroster and wiper if you order hardtop from the factory (like Jeep) or does it come with the soft Top and we can add a hard top later?
We've heard yes.

YagersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I could see a video of the soft top working, I might skip the insanity of a MIC hard top. And embrace the "Soft Top Life."

At least until the black modular hard top is available.
I agree!! One would hope that Ford will show a video of the soft top opening and closing along with a video of the hard too being dismantled before we start placing our orders in a few weeks!!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soft top with rear open on Badlands Bronco.

View attachment 61780
Thank you! I have been waiting to see an Area 51 Badlands with the optional rims & tires (non Squatch). That's my 4Dr build!

In for MIC hardtop! It matches this color, grey grille and beauty rings well.

? Love the optional BL rims! ($995) Also now set on the optional Goodyear Territory 33s. ($695). They look good and are designed specifically for this trim.

Sponsored

D-TownBorn

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first top on a Wrangler from the 80's was pretty loud. The new tops are so much better. Check out Bestop to see what options they have now. They have some tops that are probably as quiet as a hard top.
I doubt that the top from Ford will be that nice though. A top of the line Bestop top on a 4-door will run you about $2K.
I have owned 3 Jeeps. A 94 YJ, a 97 TJ and a 18 JLU. The JLU top blows the others away. I have dual tops and the soft top is probably quieter than than the hard top. You can put it completely back up in 6-7 mins compared to 20+ from the previous zipper versions of Jeep’s past. It is also very quite at 75 MPH. The modern soft top is game changing. This Bronco top looks very much like the JLU wrangler top.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It can be loud at highway speeds, but "loud" is sort of a subjective thing. I've had three soft tops so probably not the best one to ask (maybe because I may not hear you because, well I have hearing loss)
As he said "loud" is a very subjective thing.My guess would be while i
If it could handle snow and winter I’d do the same.
If its made of quilty cloth and design well then it shouldbe no problem it does look like it.Of course it depends on the amount snow left on the roof over time.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By all accounts soft top vs hardtop in a wrangler makes little difference, at least temperature wise. Maybe lots of snow on the top may have some adverse effects though?
To much snow on any soft top does not do them any good but all is needed is a brush just to push the worst of it off.

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fair point. I've already used my defroster regularly here and it's not that cold yet. So bronco hard top definitely has a rear defroster? Honestly that wasn't anything I'd considered having never had a vehicle with a removable top
Funny, I live in Alaska and totally deleted the rear wiper from my RS. All it does is scratch the glass...I hate hate hate HATE rear wipers.
Can probably count the number of times I've turned on the rear defrost, and when I have its really been just because that's how you heat up the side mirrors.
Thats weird I have never had a rear wiper on my fords( I have a RS Mk 2)scratch the rear window neither have my parents.I have seen it happen when the wiper is worn out and not replaced.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My first top on a Wrangler from the 80's was pretty loud. The new tops are so much better. Check out Bestop to see what options they have now. They have some tops that are probably as quiet as a hard top.
I doubt that the top from Ford will be that nice though. A top of the line Bestop top on a 4-door will run you about $2K.
Thats funny as Bestop is makeing it is good Quilty.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish there was some way the standard roof rack would mount with the soft top. I realize there may be the exo-looking racks but those likely will increase wind noise so much. Live in Michigan, and want the top down in the summer, but still the availability to carry kayaks and bikes up top.

I figure buying the soft top at a later day aftermarket would be cheaper than purchasing a hard top at a later time (at least when looking at markup from the factory) so likely will be going with the MIC top...
Sponsored