First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 74 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a projected delivery date of 7/22-7/28 "fingers Crossed" for my (actually my wifes) Cactus Grey 4-door Big Bend with a MIC top.
She wanted a soft top but was told when I ordered that MIC tops would speed up the delivery date so I went with it.

In talking with the dealership they said they can get me and install a Twill Soft TrekTop prior to my delivery.
From the best I can tell, and please correct me as necessary, The TrekTop is a BestTop product which is what we have on our 72 and 74.

Does anyone know if this is the same top you would get if ordering the top from the factory? If not do you know the differences and is it worth the $2,500 price tag.

I found a couple videos and looks like the factry soft top has some clips along the top of the back window to hold eveything in place and the Trek Top does not.

Appreciate any insight on this.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a projected delivery date of 7/22-7/28 "fingers Crossed" for my (actually my wifes) Cactus Grey 4-door Big Bend with a MIC top.
She wanted a soft top but was told when I ordered that MIC tops would speed up the delivery date so I went with it.

In talking with the dealership they said they can get me and install a Twill Soft TrekTop prior to my delivery.
From the best I can tell, and please correct me as necessary, The TrekTop is a BestTop product which is what we have on our 72 and 74.

Does anyone know if this is the same top you would get if ordering the top from the factory? If not do you know the differences and is it worth the $2,500 price tag.

I found a couple videos and looks like the factry soft top has some clips along the top of the back window to hold eveything in place and the Trek Top does not.

Appreciate any insight on this.
I don't believe Bestop has released any 2021 Bronco specific product. I know they have tops in development and we've seen a fast/slant back top on demo Broncos that is assumed to be Bestop. But there's nothing on their site yet. I'd be wary of that dealership promise.

OP
OP
STLRFAN

STLRFAN

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am very very wary of it. Said if I ordered i today they would have it at the dealership in 2 business days. That would be wonderful but my Bronco sense started tingling. All these shortages but there is an abundance of Soft tops that are available for immediate delivery?? I am not even sure it has the same functionality of the factory top (ie: the rear portion lift up with kick stand. Thanks.

Ford Bronco Soft Top 1625850395286

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ah! OK, I didn't realize there were tops on the Ford Accessories site already. If it's up there, I'd say it's probably solid. The other picture on the listing shows it is one of the fastback style tops. So the major difference, that I can see, is that the fold back won't do a full collapse like the factory version does.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FoMoCo has been asking people to switch to a soft top because the MIC top is a commodity shortage. If you wanted your build sooner go with a factory soft-top. Your dealer is confused.

If you have a VIN too bad then - you can't change your order.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That soft top on the accessories site is a slant-back. The factory soft top is a thing of beauty and extends all the way to the back of the Bronco. With the side and rear windows it has that classic safari top look like something on an early Bronco or Scout. I am excited to get mine!

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First of all your dealer was completely wrong. Soft top has always been the fastest way to get a Bronco. You’re actually lucky that the MIC top didn’t push you way back. But anyways sounds like you should have it soon.

For the trektop, yes it is an aftermarket top. It is not the same as the factory soft top, nor does it have the same features. (The rear lift up you mentioned, nor does it fold all the way down.) Here is a video that shows the operation of the Trektop.

As far as it being worth it, that’s up to you. I don’t like the fastback look or the functionality. I want a soft top eventually as well, but I will either wait until the factory one is able to be ordered after the fact (who knows when that will be) or a different aftermarket soft top.

OP
OP
STLRFAN

STLRFAN

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you for the quick responses and clarification.
If it was the factory style … I would pull the trigger…

will wait for the real deal from ford.

I did order the Biminitop and tannery cover but regrets on the tanneou cover already.
Looks like there is a strap that will wrap around tail gate and I am not having it slap against tail gate.

will just have to see when I get my hands on it if it is a keeper.

dealer said I was in inspection stage…I assume that means it’s sitting in a lot in MI waiting for a train ride

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

First of all your dealer was completely wrong. Soft top has always been the fastest way to get a Bronco. You’re actually lucky that the MIC top didn’t push you way back. But anyways sounds like you should have it soon.

For the trektop, yes it is an aftermarket top. It is not the same as the factory soft top, nor does it have the same features. (The rear lift up you mentioned, nor does it fold all the way down.) Here is a video that shows the operation of the Trektop.

As far as it being worth it, that’s up to you. I don’t like the fastback look or the functionality. I want a soft top eventually as well, but I will either wait until the factory one is able to be ordered after the fact (who knows when that will be) or a different aftermarket soft top.
I have been wondering if the TrekTop folded up position is actually better for rearview vision than the factory folded down position. The way the factory top windows just buckle in certainly makes that top less weather proof than the TrekTop slide in windows.

Not getting a four door so my only. You’ve is the TrekTop, but I am a little dubious about that factory top. I’d trust a company with experience like Bestop more I think.
Sponsored