Sponsored

Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About six years ago I decided I wanted a Golden Retriever. Wanting to do the socially responsible thing, I contacted every rescue operation within a few hours drive of me. A couple of the things I found out -- Goldens are very popular AND they had a significant "return rate." Goldens are in the list of top 10 shedding dog breeds. People see these beautiful animals and say "yes." A few weeks later when their house is completely covered in "golden fibers" they have a change of heart. What the rescue groups now do is make any potential adopter sign a detailed statement that they fully understand and ACCEPT that Goldens shed a lot. It cut down on the return rate.

Maybe Ford should require a similar signed statement from those buying soft or hard tops. It might say, "Understanding that the top on my Bronco is removable, my expectations regarding rattles, water leaks, snow incursion, etc will be realistic. I will not hold my Bronco's removable top to sedan standards."

Oh, and Dusty and I are starting the fifth year of sharing a house. The sign on our door says, "Caution, Golden Retriever lives here -- bring your own lint roller."

Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. IMG_1705
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love it. The dog and the thread.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some folks on B6G have proven that they don’t have enough common sense to own a Bronco or a Golden Retriever

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This post is wonderful!! Fellow golden owner. And yes, she sheds A LOT! We have a Dyson vacuum and use it almost every day and of course you could make a few dogs from all the fur we suck up. That’s part of the joy of having a golden!

Here’s our 3 year pup, Luna.
Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. 5A3560CE-A66D-4763-8FDC-27857C6C4477

I’m sorry I forgot the point of this post about halfway in talking about our golden.

bonus, her bronco shades
Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. B8CAA4E6-0041-4FEB-A633-C1C2309E1DC0

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With twins, the fur tumbleweeds in the house after two days is impressive. Our dyson vac gets a heck of a workout every other day. We've had goldens for 28 years and they are the best dogs ever. They are looking forward to top off cruising.

Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. maya and murph

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a golden retriever and a pug, that pug hair is sooo much worse lol.
Also this might be my favorite thread so far! I went with a badlands so the dog hair wouldn't be an issue lol

Stick your face out the window at your own peril!

Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. 1641769077648

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Savvy is our 9 year old Golden and recently trekked from Philly area to Seneca Sc enjoying all the various stops and smells along the way.
love seeing all the dog owner posts here!
Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. 2AA05EC1-5598-450E-8D27-AE774A4BC768

mdahan

Outer Banks
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima 2009- Maxi pad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here my miniature golden retriever. Doesn't really look like a retriever and doesn't act like one. But I'm sure he will enjoy the Bronco. He's going on 13 years in April.

Screenshot_20220101-134653_Adobe Acrobat_remastered.jpg

Sponsored

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a golden retriever and a pug, that pug hair is sooo much worse lol.
Also this might be my favorite thread so far! I went with a badlands so the dog hair wouldn't be an issue lol.
Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. Screenshot_20220101-134653_Adobe Acrobat_remastered

Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. Screenshot_20220101-134653_Adobe Acrobat_remastered
I’ll have to agree with you! Definitely the best thread so far. It’s great seeing that people take their dogs everywhere just my wife and I do. Plus I always enjoy seeing a golden. Makes me think of this meme with Chris Pratt seeing a golden for the first time and the 12537th time and it’s his same surprised face.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll have to agree with you! Definitely the best thread so far. It’s great seeing that people take their dogs everywhere just my wife and I do. Plus I always enjoy seeing a golden. Makes me think of this meme with Chris Pratt seeing a golden for the first time and the 12537th time and it’s his same surprised face.
Your golden looks identical to one my Mom had that passed away last year from old age. She was a good girl, her name was Dixie. We all LOVED her.

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco, like everything in my life, belongs to the dogs. They occasionally have me chauffeur them around in it.

Thank you for adopting instead of buying from a breeder. So many dogs cats need good homes (I host an annual charity event to help place shelter animals).

Ford Bronco Soft tops, Hard tops and Golden Retrievers. Jeff