Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve unfortunately seen some of the MIC owners reporting leaks (despite Ford saying issues are only cosmetic) and the rattling noises TFL documented.

So, I’m wondering how the soft tops are performing…

I have held fast against getting a soft top for several reasons but the MIC just seems doomed to suck so here are my soft top concerns:

1) Theft - Scum cutting it to steal

2) Noise - commute daily on I-95

3) No rear wiper and that stupid window wave

4) Durability in Florida weather - heat, humidity, rain, hurricanes, etc. I park outside, no garage.

Anybody got soft top insight to add?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve unfortunately seen some of the MIC owners reporting leaks (despite Ford saying issues are only cosmetic) and the rattling noises TFL documented.

I have held fast against getting a soft top for several reasons but the MIC just seems doomed to suck so here are my soft top concerns:

4) Durability in Florida weather - heat, humidity, rain, hurricanes, etc. I park outside, no garage.

Thanks!
TFL just tested noise in the soft top at 67-69db. They opined that 70db is a "normal good" score for any vehicle.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I park in a car port. You can hear the wind at 80mph on the highway for sure, but it's just wind noise. I drove my F150 to pick it up and we feel like the noise is about the same, it's just that the Bronco sounds are different. I think it sounds like a back seat window is cracked a little. Heat and humidity is fine with the soft top. In fact, it cools down basically immediately after starting the vehicle and turning on the AC. I was surprised that it didn't hold that 107 degree heat. I have driven it in pouring rain (profile pic) and had no issues at all. If a hurricane is going to hurt it, you really have worse problems than a soft top!!

I just bought soft top cleaner and plastic window cleaner, and I don't think much about a rear wiper - although I haven't had one since the 90s or early 2000s. I don't pay attention to the wavy windows because I can't see them when I'm driving with the top down.

I don't know what to tell you about someone cutting it. People break into hard tops all day long.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was about to post a “good news re: soft tops in heavy rain” thread - but, I’ll start by saying at first I had no desire for the stock soft top.

That being said, it’s been exactly a month and we just had torrential downpours for the past 24 hours and there is not a drop inside the truck. Drove a few miles in the pouring rain too.

I’ve quickly appreciated every aspect of the soft top and until there are other options - it’s the superior option.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks!
Had no problems with rain and it rained for 2 days here. I don't worry about theft. I got the cargo enclosure so people can't see what is back there anyway and noise is not that bad and I have sas. Don't care about the back window since I got a rear view mirror that has a rear camera so I can see everything. The soft top is awesome and I'm glad I switched. i can easily push it back and enjoy a open ride without having to worry about taking the panels off and storing them somewhere

Sponsored

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't speak for the BRONCO but soft tops rule. Not even sure why FORD didn't offer it to the 2 door folks like myself. If it's a hard top - it's got to be a one piece.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had my badlands soft top for about 3 weeks and it’s quieter than my F350, doesn’t leak, windows look nice to me. I was soft top from the beginning for the convenience and just got lucky with this top problem.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had no problems with rain and it rained for 2 days here. I don't worry about theft. I got the cargo enclosure so people can't see what is back there anyway and noise is not that bad and I have sas. Don't care about the back window since I got a rear view mirror that has a rear camera so I can see everything. The soft top is awesome and I'm glad I switched. i can easily push it back and enjoy a open ride without having to worry about taking the panels off and storing them somewhere
You should post a pic of your cargo enclosure. ;)

So maybe others can see how sometimes denting the top will be enough to scare thiefs away 😁

Last edited:
OP
OP

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The irony of people from NY and CT telling a FloridIan how the vehicle does in a hurricane 🤣 … weird times. Thanks for the feedback - I hope Henri wasn’t too bad up there.

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've struggled with this one too. I really want a hard top and just don't know if a soft top will work for me. I will use my Bronco as a DD and will drive it in all weather conditions, especially when the weather is nasty. If I did get a soft top, I would rarely use it as such. Open air driving has little to no appeal for me...I ask myself should I really switch?

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The irony of people from NY and CT telling a FloridIan how the vehicle does in a hurricane 🤣 … weird times. Thanks for the feedback - I hope Henri wasn’t too bad up there.
I wasn't talking about hurricanes. Only speaking about rain and if there are any leaks.

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw a couple posts about water dripping/running inside when opening the door in rain. Even saw Ford reach out to a member here. Has there been an update on that? Hope it isn’t something we all have to live with.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, thought you might have caught some of that storm this weekend. Regardless, I appreciate the feedback.
just a lot of rain. No real wind though. I guess it decided to change course a little

Ford Bronco Soft tops in rain? 1629766947393

Saw a couple posts about water dripping/running inside when opening the door in rain. Even saw Ford reach out to a member here. Has there been an update on that? Hope it isn’t something we all have to live with.
It sure does. Minute I open the door it all pours in.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry you live in FL (and somewhere you have to worry about theft). You asked for feedback - that's my experience in the 30 days I've owned it. It's well constructed and easy to work with. Interior cools quickly in AC with everything closed - if that's any consolation...because it's humid AF in NY too.
Sponsored