Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, BMW M850i - both green /love
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like the idea of having solar panels on a hardshell rooftop tent, so it can charge my power station while driving. I’m wondering about the best way how to get the cable from the panels into the car. Any ideas?

Ford Bronco Solar panels on a rooftop tent? 8DD8BD55-56BD-4F5B-8C8E-56AD3F57647B
Ford Bronco Solar panels on a rooftop tent? C23459D1-5667-4D45-9101-3BBC6C46B84A
Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Jinonisie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One option is to pass the cable through a window or door seal. You can find specialized cable entry glands designed for this purpose. They create a waterproof seal around the cable, preventing leaks and damage.
If you're comfortable with a bit of DIY, you can carefully drill a small hole in a discreet location. Use a rubber grommet to protect the cable from chafing against the sharp edges. Seal it well to avoid any water intrusion.
Regarding power storage, it's worth exploring ACE Battery Storage Solutions at https://www.acebattery.com/collection/energy-storage-battery. This way, you can store excess energy generated by your solar panels and use them when needed, ensuring you have power even when the sun isn't shining brightly.
Sponsored

Last edited: